RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

What's going on with Fo2PiX?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:43 AM

Re: What's going on with Fo2PiX?

Bower Boy,

The AMP Wizards reside in C:\Program Files\Fo2PiX\ArtMasterPro\Wizards\ as folders.

You can also make your own Wizards. On page 56 of the manual it tells how to do that.

GB
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2008, 05:24 AM

Manual...what manual?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2008, 09:02 AM

Skydog,

A hardcopy manual comes in the box of the purchased version of ArtMasterPro, and that is the one to which I referred.

GB
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2008, 10:40 AM

Thanks Greybeard. I remember you from the AMP forum. It seems that that is how I added new wizards to the ones that came with the software but it doesn't seem to work that way now. In the wizard folders are a series of .f2p files and a .bmp example but the ones I bought and stashed away are single .f2pz files which I assume unpack or decompress somehow. As mentioned, I had no trouble before adding them but I don't get the steps this time when I put them into the proper folder. I even tried creating separate folders just for them. Have you tried to add new wizards after the fo2pix web site shut down?
Thanks
BB
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-05-2008, 10:54 AM

Hi all. Please disregard the previous post about the wizards. It worked today. Maybe just needed a restart but I sure thought I did it yesterday.
Thanks
BB
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2008, 11:02 AM

BB,

Actually, I think I might have purchased a couple of extra Wizards, too. But I don't remember where I have the instructions for installing them.

I think that you are right, that a .f2pz file is probably a zipped bundle of .f2p files with possibly an image file included. The "z" might stand for zipped. I think I would experiment a little. Put the .f2pz file in the C:\Program Files\Fo2PiX\ArtMasterPro\Wizards\ folder and try just double-clicking it.

If that doesn't work, you could try right-clicking it to see what your options are. If that doesn't work, you could try renaming the file with a .zip file extension and see if it will unzip with that alias. If I had been the Fo2PiX programmer, it would have chosen the first, simplest option, namely double-click on the file name.

I don't seem to have a .f2pz file, so I can't experiment for myself. If I find any more old information from Fo2PiX on this subject, I will post another message here.

GB

(edit)P.S. Just saw your last message. OK. What exactly did you do to install the .f2pz Wizard file?

Last edited by greybeard; 06-06-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-06-2008, 11:19 AM

I actually had the f2pz files in two locations so I tried the other set. I just dragged them into the Wizards folder, did a restart and they showed up just as they are supposed to. I am going to do a serious backup of all my AMP stuff as I really like the software and it looks like it won't be upgraded or supported anytime soon. I'll make some notes too about the 1.2 upgrade and the wizards.
BB
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2008, 09:53 AM

Smile PAM under VISTA

"I am wondering if reinstalling windows vista would help the install. anyone got it running on Vista. Anyone had the 1722 error when installing and found a solution."

The"solution" I found is to copy the whole directory of PAM Classic 1.2 from my old XP PC to my new Vista PC, and it ran with some complain about "change to basic Vista color scheme". I hope this help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2008, 07:43 PM

They went out of business last year. See http://tinyurl.com/5jekd4.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-18-2008, 06:24 PM

I am trying to install ArtMasterPro on a new computer I bought, running XP. It installs, but when it prompts me for the activation code, a message comes up and says that the activation code has exceeded its activation count, and won't allow the program to run. I don't know how many activations Fo2Pix allowed, but I've probably installed it on my earlier desktop and probably two laptops since I bought the software. Does anyone know a workaround for this? I'd be really disappointed if I can't use the program any more on my desktop, and eternally grateful to anyone who can help.
TIA,
Doug

Last edited by dougwaugh@comca; 11-18-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources