RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

more Trimoon brushes

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 04-24-2008, 01:30 PM
palms's Avatar
palms palms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 5,685
Blog Entries: 30
more Trimoon brushes

I know i might be a bit slow in finding this but Trimoon has posted some new brushes on his blog site ( and textures)

for ps7 users about half of the brushes wont work in ps7 but there is still plenty to enjoy with the ones that do
the ones i have found not to work are
snow brushes
some old brushes
tree extensions
I havent had that much time to play around with them yet but they are looking great

http://asnailpace.com/blog/brushes-and-brush-presets/

Palms

Last edited by palms; 04-25-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
dkcoats dkcoats is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The frozen North
Posts: 519
Re: more Trimoon brushes

Palms, thanks for the heads-up. Looks like there are some useful tools there.

dc
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 04-25-2008, 07:51 AM
amica999's Avatar
amica999 amica999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Capital Village of Germany aka Berlin
Posts: 1,716
Blog Entries: 2
Re: more Trimoon brushes

Thank you for sharing, Palms, will play this weekend :-)
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 04-25-2008, 03:33 PM
gholmes1936's Avatar
gholmes1936 gholmes1936 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, Tx USA
Posts: 733
Blog Entries: 1
Question Re: more Trimoon brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
I know i might be a bit slow in finding this but Trimoon has posted some new brushes on his blog site ( and textures)

for ps7 users about half of the brushes wont work in ps7 but there is still plenty to enjoy with the ones that do
the ones i have found not to work are
snow brushes
some old brushes
tree extensions
I havent had that much time to play around with them yet but they are looking great

http://asnailpace.com/blog/brushes-and-brush-presets/

Palms

Palms,

I went to that URL saw the brushed and when I tried to download them all I got was the code in text format. Is it because I am using a MAC?
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 AM
palms's Avatar
palms palms is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: England
Posts: 5,685
Blog Entries: 30
Re: more Trimoon brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936 View Post
Palms,

I went to that URL saw the brushed and when I tried to download them all I got was the code in text format. Is it because I am using a MAC?
sorry but i dont know the answer to your question, maybe some one with understanding of a mac could answer, Swampy comes to mind as the best person to ask !

Palms
Reply With Quote top
  #6  
Old 04-26-2008, 09:41 AM
mikajomc's Avatar
mikajomc mikajomc is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 382
Re: more Trimoon brushes

thanks for the heads up Palms - hadn't seen those yet
Reply With Quote top
  #7  
Old 04-26-2008, 10:01 AM
GerryB's Avatar
GerryB GerryB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
Posts: 275
Re: more Trimoon brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936 View Post
Palms,

I went to that URL saw the brushed and when I tried to download them all I got was the code in text format. Is it because I am using a MAC?
I downloaded the brushes, installed them in Photoshop CS3 and they work just fine. If you try to open the ".abr" files outside of Photoshop, all you will see is the "code in text format." That is because they are meant to be used inside of Photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
  #8  
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 AM
gholmes1936's Avatar
gholmes1936 gholmes1936 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, Tx USA
Posts: 733
Blog Entries: 1
Question Re: more Trimoon brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
I downloaded the brushes, installed them in Photoshop CS3 and they work just fine. If you try to open the ".abr" files outside of Photoshop, all you will see is the "code in text format." That is because they are meant to be used inside of Photoshop.
I know. Have quite a bit of experience with Photoshop. But when I click on the link on Trimoon's web page and select download file to desktop it comes out text. Same result if I just click on the link and let it happen.

Other links on his site take me to a page that allows me to download, with one exception. The page in question has some links for downloading Art History stuff and that works just like all other download links.

Color me ???????????????
Reply With Quote top
  #9  
Old 04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
GerryB's Avatar
GerryB GerryB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rowland Heights, CA
Posts: 275
Re: more Trimoon brushes

Instead of clicking on the link, ctl-click or right click (if you have a 2-button mouse) and save the linked file to your computer. That's what I did.
Reply With Quote top
  #10  
Old 04-26-2008, 03:23 PM
gholmes1936's Avatar
gholmes1936 gholmes1936 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin, Tx USA
Posts: 733
Blog Entries: 1
Question Re: more Trimoon brushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryB View Post
Instead of clicking on the link, ctl-click or right click (if you have a 2-button mouse) and save the linked file to your computer. That's what I did.
Here is what I get when I do what you suggested.! Don't understand it myself.

DreamBrushes1.abr.txt

Anything else anyone can think of? I've downloaded stuff from is site before.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing Trimoon Swampy Salon 17 02-17-2014 11:04 PM
Brushes gholmes1936 Photo-Art Resources 3 04-16-2008 10:35 PM
Make your own "grunge" brushes Bob Mc Software 3 12-29-2007 08:32 AM
Another photoshop brushes site.. Bob Mc Software 1 12-19-2007 05:19 PM
PS Brushes Alison Non-RetouchPRO Resources 3 12-11-2007 12:27 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved