RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

ArtMaster Pro

Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 PM

Re: ArtMaster Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
Well, I hate that. Art Master Pro is a great program. I use it a lot. Guess when I get my new computer I had better transfer the working program over to the new hard drive, huh? Thanks for the info. I suggest the use of Akvis Sketch for pretty much the same things as Art Master Pro does.
I like Akvis Sketch a lot...

re: Guess when I get my new computer I had better transfer the working program over to the new hard drive, huh?

I dunno if just copying the AMP files from your old computer to a new computer will work, if that's what you mean. Assuming you're a Windows user, installation of just about any program involves changes to the Registry, something that would not occur with a file copy operation. Windows is pretty fussy about the Registry being right. Different ballgame for Mac folks (not as messy).

In any event I hope it works out for you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2009, 05:16 AM

I think I know my answer...but
I have AMP on my computer now(windowsXP). Probably can't transfer when I eventually have to buy a new computer and probably run vista. correct?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-22-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog View Post
I think I know my answer...but
I have AMP on my computer now (windowsXP). Probably can't transfer when I eventually have to buy a new computer and probably run vista. correct?
I'd say "Iffy at best," but unknown until someone actuallly confirms one way or the other.

Hurdles include:
a. Activation, if that is indeed required
b. If activation is possible or not needed, will AMP work under Vista?

When the time come, let us know for sure, would ya?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Why not try Topaz Simplify? It can do similar effects without the drama.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2009, 10:15 AM

Got Simplify...but ArtMaster is a software all its own...I just wish I had the rest of the plugins before they went out of business.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-24-2009, 10:27 PM

I found my copy of Art Master Pro this evening. It has two numbers that must be put in to make it work. I have these numbers for anyone who wants to try to use them. I don't think we would be doing anything wrong since the company no longer exists. Write a post if you want to try them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2009, 07:34 AM

did you find any of the other filters?
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-25-2009, 04:56 PM

I don't think I have anything else, just AMP. I have Image Composer with the Microsoft Impressionist filter, but it is a plug in that comes with just that program. The AMP registration numbers are input in a funky way in order for the program to work.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM

i have both versions of Art Master, Pro and non-pro. It seems that it will not open in Mac OS 10.5 so that is the end of that one for me.

However Topaz Simplify works very well, as plugsnpixels and skydog have suggested.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-29-2009, 02:05 PM

Unhappy Re: ArtMaster Pro

Guess I'm late to the party on this post. I have AMP and tried loading it on a new Vista machine a month or so ago. After trying to "Install as admin" and checking "XP compatible" to overcome the 1722 error it still didn't work.
Since then I installed a virtual XP machine on the Vista computer and have now gotten it to install but when I enter my code it says that the number has been used too many times. AAARRRHHH!!! that's because I used them all up trying to install to Vista!!!!!!
Anyway, I was able to install and get it to run on the virtual xp machine by NOT entering the code and running it as a trial. I tested it and everything worked OK but it only allows 10 sessions! I spent lots of $ on this and use it daily. I'm so frustrated that the program's there and will work...yet I can't use it. Tried to contact Don McRae through an old gallery page contact but with no luck.....I understand that life must move on and he wouldn't have a life answering the flood of emails he probably still gets from the AMP/Buzz days. I JUST WANT MY ARTMASTERPRO BACK!!!!

BTW, great tip on TOPAZ. I ordered several filters and love them. I have used them in the artwork phase..... but especially like them in the image prep stage. Topaz has been a huge time saver with Denoise and Clean up.
BUT, there are still sketching, shading and highlighting features that I want to use AMP for.

If anyone knows how to overcome the limit on the # of installs allowed or if there are any new ideas out there on this subject I'd love to hear 'em.

Thanks,
Deck
deck@jdmoserstudios.com
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources