RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

ArtMaster Pro

Old 04-20-2010, 10:06 PM

Re: ArtMaster Pro

I have these 'friends' who always want copies of all programs I purchase new and never wish to pay for anything which I resent (as an aside, they choose to live off the state etc etc). My first post on this website was simply to alert people to the fact that an advert selling Artmaster Pro was loaded with a virus.

I also bought the Phenon II Quad drive and was informed that AMP could only run on 32 bit but I'm 'technophobic' and have to trust the advice of experts.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2010, 05:22 PM

Thank you PlugsnPixels. Your advice has given me something to consider, although we all agree it is s unfortunate that Art Master Pro is no longer available and that support for those with the program has not been carried forward.

Kristopix - I think both of us had good intentions. Thanks for posting.
Welcome to the thread.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2010, 05:29 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

No problem, just trying to keep you out of trouble ;-).

The guy behind Art Master Pro, Don McCrae, was located awhile back (see elsewhere on this forum for the discussion); I don't know if anyone ever tried contacting him.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2010, 09:58 PM

I last spoke to Don McRae on the 4th January 2008. It is so sad that his wonderful creations didn't sell enough in order for him to continue with Fo2PIX, he was about to 'pursue alternative avenues'. Whatever those avenues were let us hope he had success.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 01:32 PM

I am very interested in getting my copy of ArtMaster Pro up and running. It will install fine on my new install of XP but when I put in my key, it says that I have exceeded allowable installs or something to that effect. Well I upgrade computers. I'm sure Topaz is great but I spent a lot of time and energy working out techniques in AMP and I want to use it. I have a legal copy that I bought and paid for. I would be very interested in anybody's workaround.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 02:19 PM

Hi Bower Boy. Artmaster Pro came with 3 install clicks when Fo2PIX were operating, unfortunately at the time we weren't to know that the company was going to go into liquidization so that we could possibly install the program onto spare hard discs. Personally I think that there should have been some way that customers (who had spent good money) could have been left some way of unlocking their spare keys. If you have exceeded your allowable installs this must mean that you must have used all 3 up before late 2007? My advice to you is wait for a response from someone (no names mentioned!)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 04:07 PM
Patron

This is the problem with deadware, regardless of original price: Eventually you can't run it anymore, short of finding some sort of crack (which I haven't, sorry!).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM

As mentioned before, there are 2 programs derived from Art Master Pro avaiable for purchase and shipment in Europe from Amazon.co.uk, reading about availability, the number of remaining copies seems to be very small. They may have more, often listing low numbers of copies is meant to get you to buy quickly, it's all marketing, but I would buy as soon as possible. Programs may also be available from different retailers.

Photo Art Master Silver (site reports 1 copy available) 25BP

Photo Art Master Classic (site reports 3 copies available) 9 BP

Yes - It's living breathing software - I had an friend in England sent me a copy to N America just last year. It runs perfectly on XP. I like the interface better, it's quite different than Art Master Pro.

Last edited by Randcarlo; 06-10-2010 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Had a thought
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2010, 08:25 PM
Patron

I see it listed here. System requirements are a bit old, a sure tip that this is not still-breathing software...
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 PM

One day later I get what you mean - it's no longer in development, orphan software without a home or parents that care

I think this thread are the last Godparents that still care about Art Master Pro.

Maybe I'm carrying this family metaphor a little too far

Bower Boy needs help and directions installing wizards.

Can anyone help him out?

Last edited by Randcarlo; 06-11-2010 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Had a thought
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources