RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

ArtMaster Pro

Old 06-11-2010, 02:09 PM

Re: ArtMaster Pro

Randcarlo. Nice comment about us being the Godparents of AMP. Maybe you might think this a bit obsessive but since buying my copy in 2006 I have dedicated every spare hour working with the product (26 books!) check out kristopix.com.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2010, 02:32 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Nice work Kristo, and an imaginative use of typography!

I must say, your lens is bigger than mine... ;-) Did you get a special on teleconverters?

I always thought someone should create a forum avatar with an exaggerated lens such as that, since people are always posting images of themselves holding some big glass.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks Plugnpixels. I screwed all my redundant pre-digital SLR lenses together for that picture, using gaffer tape where the Pentax/Canons etc didn't interlock! What short life our beloved cameras have these days because of technology. Currently I'm using a compact with a 30x zoom and HD video which seems to cover everything.

Regarding Artmaster Pro: Earlier in my first post to this thread I mentioned that an engineer keeps the program running regardless of cost throughout the many crashes/viruses and computer upgrades.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Patron

Great sense of humor, Kristo!

I too love long zooms. I think I would rather have the extra reach than wide-angle capability, if I had to choose.

What is the 35mm equivalent of your 30x, and what camera is it on?

As for AMP, have you found any other natural media app/plug-in that comes close? I feel bad that you have to work so hard to keep AMP running against its will! ;-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2010, 08:21 PM

Plugnpixels. On the lens it says 'Equiv/135' whatever that means, but 24-720 seems its range. It is a Fujifilm HS10, with 10mpx and a flipscreen that allows sneeky shooting at unsuspecting subjects!

I find that pinsharp originals aren't neccessary when using AMPro as the program smooths out detail (although 90% of my time is spent removing/erasing/smudging and preparation beforehand).

To be honest my fear of losing the program was quite serious as the first 25 books were produced using it but thanks to this thread I investigated other products for the first time. The latest book is quite a deviation, first I purchased Akvis Sketch which is limited but definately better for certain work, then I added Virtual Painter 5 which gives some decent variety. Combining the 3 programs often produces the required result and due to the fact that I have all the night time hours available eventually pays off. For example 'Water Tone' (2010) when finished had over 10,000 'save as' files in the dump folder!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2010, 11:18 PM

Newbie Re: ArtMaster Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristopix View Post
Plugnpixels. On the lens it says 'Equiv/135' whatever that means, but 24-720 seems its range. It is a Fujifilm HS10, with 10mpx and a flipscreen that allows sneeky shooting at unsuspecting subjects!

I find that pinsharp originals aren't neccessary when using AMPro as the program smooths out detail (although 90% of my time is spent removing/erasing/smudging and preparation beforehand).

To be honest my fear of losing the program was quite serious as the first 25 books were produced using it but thanks to this thread I investigated other products for the first time. The latest book is quite a deviation, first I purchased Akvis Sketch which is limited but definately better for certain work, then I added Virtual Painter 5 which gives some decent variety. Combining the 3 programs often produces the required result and due to the fact that I have all the night time hours available eventually pays off. For example 'Water Tone' (2010) when finished had over 10,000 'save as' files in the dump folder!
What is AMPro as I can find no references on the web using Google?
Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2010, 02:03 AM
Patron

Nice range! ("135" is used to designate "35mm".)

I used to have a 28-210 for my 35mm back in the 80s and thought it was extreme, but the Fuji has all the stretch you could ask for! And true, natural media apps cover a multitude of lens distortion and JPEG artifact sins.

Gunner, AMP stands for ArtMaster Pro. We got lazy... ;-)

Last edited by plugsnpixels; 06-13-2010 at 02:11 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2010, 10:48 AM

As RandCarlo mentioned in an earlier post, I am looking for a little advice on installing wizards in ArtMaster Pro. I originally bought White Intent and Essential Watercolour but I recall that the original set may have been corrupt. They were replaced and worked fine. I fear that I may have backed up the the wrong set of f2pz files. Anyway, the main reason I am sweating software that has been dead for years is that I have come back to a project that is half done and I really could use Essential Watercolour or even the instructions with which one could construct a new wizard. To start with, does anyone remember exactly how you would install wizards that were puchased in addition to the base software? I'd like to give these another try. Thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2010, 01:26 PM

Instructions for 'How to Record and Art Wizard' is in the Help menu guide. Re-read that section, It should also give you an idea on how to an Art Wizard. I would think you would just have to find the program folder, inside there is a wizards file; amd just drop Essential Watercolours into the folder.

Start/R-Click My Computer
R-Click Local Drive C
L-Click Open
R-Click Program Folder
L-Click Open
L-Click Progam Folder
Then you will see the Wizard Folder
Open the Wizard Folder and you will see all the Wizards you have.
I would think .... you just have to put Essential Watercolours into the Wizard Folder
...no un-archiving or anything because the f2pz file type is exclusive to Art Master Pro.
I'm not quite sure about L or R ... I'm under siege to leave the computer and get back to painting the house.

Pm me on whether it worked or not.

Does anyone use Art Master Pro on a Mac?
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Newbie Re: ArtMaster Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randcarlo View Post

Does anyone use Art Master Pro on a Mac?
I use to but everything fell apart for me somehow. New Operating and so forth. wish that I still had it and could use it on my Mac (Intel Inside).
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources