RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

ArtMaster Pro

Old 06-16-2010, 01:02 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Re: ArtMaster Pro

Mine, all mine! Actually, I'm located just outside of LA.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-14-2010, 03:16 AM

I am one of those rare individuals who uses PhotoArtMaster a lot. It is a very versatile programme once one gets used to it. I use 'Gold' now. I see on the back of the packet that there is no mention of Windows later than XP so when I have to get an new computer it will be the end of PAM.
One thing I have never been able to do is reload a saved 'project' though by the instructions it would appear to be posible. Has anyone done this?
I have an authorization for PAM and PAMGold if anyone wants them. I don't think it would be illegal.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2010, 10:24 AM

Walter E.

I used to use PhotoArt MasterPro a lot, but my computer packed in and if I installed PAM on my new computer (it has XP Pro installed) I would be restricted to five uses. Obviously I have the Activation Key which came with the purchase, but am I right in thinking you can supply me with the Authorisation Key (which originally came from Fo2Pix) and enable unlimited use of PAM? If so, I would be very grateful if you would let me know how to obtain this desperately needed key.

Regards,
Dougall
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Patron

Dougall, if you have the activation key that came with purchase, can't you just use that one for PAM on the new computer?
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 AM

Lurch, no, after installing PAM you had to contact Fo2Pix who would then validate your copy and prompt you to enter the activation key, after which the programme would launch.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Patron

Shows how much I know . . . Sigh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2010, 09:51 AM

I'm still looking for a copy of AMP that works on a Mac. I use to have it but have no idea when I lost the dang thing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-20-2010, 12:25 AM

To Dougall,
Recently when reinstalling AMP after a computer major meltdown, the challenge code had altered and the response code used previously was not recognised. Unlike reinstalling Photoshop there is now no contact with the original supplier to obtain a new response for AMP. So on Randcarlo's suggestion I purchased PAM Silver from Avanquest which I have found is more akin to the Classic edition. Purchasing this software from Avanquest is not easy, they will not send DVD’s outside the UK and they will not permit it to be downloaded from their site, so one needs a contact in the UK who will take delivery of the software then forward it on. I have now stumbled across an application which will provide a response code for the new challenge code. This may be of assistance to you and those who have had to reinstall AMP if their computer too has suffered ‘the Chernobyl effect’ fate and had a similar meltdown.
Does the challenge code relate to the computer ‘fingerprint’ and does this ’fingerprint’ change when a computer has been reconfigured thus making the software create a challenge code unique to that ‘fingerprint’
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-21-2010, 04:26 PM

janterr, thank you for your reply. I would be very interested in the application you have discovered and would appreciate any further information you could supply.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-27-2010, 01:25 PM

I may have found a solution to the registration and using ArtMaster Pro with Windows 7 problem ... that costs nothing - except an investment in education and the learning curve of using a software solution...it's possible... maybe a little complicated ... to use Paragon-software.com/free Backup and Recovery 2010 Free Advanced, in conjunction with a free download of VMware,VirtualBox or Virtual PC as Paragon's program not only is a backup and recovery solution, but also virtualizes any application or operating system ... it's a little complicated.

I don't need to use this solution as I have Window's 7 Pro which includes virtualization to run XP which allows me to run ArtMaster Pro ...as Window's 7 'Compatablity Feature' ... is not compatable with ArtMaster Pro. I thought this might be of interest to everyone who does not have the Windows7 Pro operating system.. but are using the W7 Home Edition or Home Premuim.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources