RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Plugin: BuzzPro 3 (Win) download

Old 06-10-2009, 09:42 AM

Re: Plugin: BuzzPro 3 (Win) download

Thanks, Trimoon, hope it stay working wit none reg. number.
I had buzz and lost it with a PC crash.
Your great.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2009, 10:24 AM

Thanks Trimoon. Very kind and thoughtful to make this available for us. F02PIX is among my favourite software. May I return the favour offering http://fotosketcher.com/
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-10-2009, 12:34 PM

Thanks Trimoon.
I am a new member here, but some time ago I downloaded your tulip WC and it is on my desktop.
I am currently taking Painter 11 and Painter Brushes at www.digitalartacademy.com
Thanks again.
Karen in Austin
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2009, 08:57 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Trimoon, please describe how you came about offering this plug-in (from 2004). None of us have heard anything from fo2pix about it being released as freeware. The included Read Me looks like the ones they used to include with their products, so maybe this is actually a gift from them. I just think you might want to be clear about this so we can be sure ;-).
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 PM

Towards the end this plug in was being given away free.
I happen to have a license version though.
The author of the program has past away and the company went bankrupt sir.
Karen in Austin
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2009, 09:54 PM

Whatever understanding that I have with fo2pix or its descendents is of no concern to you or anyone else. I offer BuzzPro 3 free of charge. You offer a very fine product that I feel is far superior to BuzzPro. BuzzPro can be found all over the Internet in one form or another for free. Offering it here makes it easier for the people that would use and enjoy it the most. It's been around for a long time, like an old friend. A lot of people did their first manipulation with this plug-in. Every time I use it I feel nostalgic for the good old days. I understand offering this plug-in for free cuts into your profits. But some people after purchasing Photoshop may not be able to go out and buy your plug-in. So I offer an alternative. And if I sound rude I apologize. I hate to type. This is the last I have the say on this matter.

Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 PM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Karen, I was not aware of anyone from fo2pix passing. One of the principles has a recent modeling website up where he post-processes his work in buZZ.

Steve, I think you're addressing me so I'll reply to your points.

1) On this forum we've discussed the legalities of sharing abandonware (and buZZ products specifically), so I personally was surprised to see it suddenly made available without explanation. I have a review copy of buZZ.X and could easily have made it available for free after this many years, but I didn't think I had any business doing so and still don't. And I did have some correspondence a year or so ago with my old press contact from fo2pix and he didn't imply the software was up for grabs.

2) I don't offer any of my own plug-in products (I am not a developer). I provide a directory of plug-ins so those interested in the products can connect with the actual developers.

3) buZZ.Pro 2 is available for free (but only as a 30-day trial, so it's actually more of a demo), but not buZZ.Pro 3, best I can tell (unless you count Rapidshare! ;-) ).

Maybe you have an arrangement with fo2pix and maybe you don't, but you're not instilling confidence in those who download your copy of the plug-in by refusing to clarify the matter on your website or in the Read Me that accompanies the software (it's possible an old Read Me of theirs was just tweaked).

It shouldn't be a big deal to help us understand what's up, so come on back. I'm not having a big problem with this; just curious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-12-2009, 07:28 AM

I find it beautiful that buzz can be found now for free.
I had already purchased Buzz years ago, , but it was lost.
Now that the frindly Trimoon this old program make available for free , kan i only say, with others fans from Buzz.
Best Thanks, herr Trimoon for sharing this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 AM

My Old computer died, Vista ( new 'puter) wont open Buzz 3, and wont recognise my old version (legal) of Buzz2-can anyone help?, Robin
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-17-2011, 08:42 AM

The Topaz Simplify plugin does a very good job of replicating what Buzz used to do. In fact it includes a preset called Buzzsim. See attachment where I applied this setting to the Left side of the image.

All the Topaz plugins have a free trial period, plus they are "supported." If the Buzz effect was important to me and I was encountering the same tech. issues you are, I would definitely download/try the Topaz Simplify plugin.

Fortunately the cost is significantly less than the original Buzz plugin (I bought 2.0 myself), plus it has a lot of flexibility beyond the Buzz look, too.

See: http://www.flickr.com/groups/topazsimplify/

http://www.topazlabs.com/simplify/

Good luck... hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RP buzzsim.jpg (124.3 KB, 46 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources