Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Polaroid transfer look

Old 10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Polaroid transfer look

I saw a photographers gallery and she described her her process as "old school polaroid transfer".

Does anyone know how to get this look?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Re: Polaroid transfer look

Take a 4x5 polaroid color shot.... before it can process tear it open and put it on paper that....

Ok just kidding a bit, But you should include a link to the site so the people here can see what look you're talking about so we can see what it actually looks like in order to help you get a look like that.

But I can tell you now (depending) that it might be like saying "how do I make this fake wood table look like it's made out of real wood? Or "How do I make this Ford accelerate like a Ferrari?"

Basically (if you're talking digital post-processing) it might be like painting a horse with white paint and smaller black spots to make them look like a cow.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Re: Polaroid transfer look

There's a lot of variation in the world of Polaroid transfers. But basically you have to figure out how to reverse engineer a normal image to get the look, feel, texture that you're going for. Hard to give you a plan of action without seeing what you're going for.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources