RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo-Art Resources (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/)
-   -   Painter 11 don't work please help (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-art-resources/28785-painter-11-dont-work-please-help.html)

sergio2263 01-15-2010 08:29 AM

Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Hello All,

I am very new to Painter 11, I started following a tutorial but when I have to paint on a blank layer it doesn't paint at all, can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong.

Many thanks in advance



Helen

David Stevenson 01-15-2010 11:29 AM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
You are using the wrong brush(s). Not every brush can paint on a blank layer. They must have color from another layer in order to work.

sergio2263 01-15-2010 12:42 PM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Stevenson (Post 255589)
You are using the wrong brush(s). Not every brush can paint on a blank layer. They must have color from another layer in order to work.

Thank you so much for your prompt reply, I guess I have much to learn I've only start with painter 11 today and was following a quick tutorial but the chap didn't explain about the brushes, looks like the tutorial was not for newbie like myself, I shall familiarize myself with painter and get to know brushes, tools, colour swatched etc.

Many thanks



helen

DannyRaphael 01-15-2010 03:47 PM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Don't be hard on yourself. Painter is a feature rich program, but it is REALLY complicated, not all all intuitive and comes with many potholes.

Consider looking into the basic Painter skills course offerings here (online):
http://www.lvsonline.com/schedule.shtml

Hands on, easy pace, do as much/little as you like, access to a "real instructor," well organized, useful class materials and they don't cost an arm/leg.

pixlart 01-15-2010 09:21 PM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Hi:

There are several reasons a Painter layer may refuse to be painted on.

I have a handy Painter Brush Checklist in PDF format that you may find helpful:

Painter Brush Checklist

-john

sergio2263 01-16-2010 05:15 AM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyRaphael (Post 255607)
Don't be hard on yourself. Painter is a feature rich program, but it is REALLY complicated, not all all intuitive and comes with many potholes.

Consider looking into the basic Painter skills course offerings here (online):
http://www.lvsonline.com/schedule.shtml

Hands on, easy pace, do as much/little as you like, access to a "real instructor," well organized, useful class materials and they don't cost an arm/leg.

Thank you so much Danny and for the link it is much appreciated, I only bought painter 11 yesterday and I suppose as most newbie expect to deliver as good a work as a Pro I've stopped myself in my track and ready to take one step at a time. I shall explore painter and learn about the tools and paint brushes first.

Many thanks



helen

sergio2263 01-16-2010 05:17 AM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pixlart (Post 255621)
Hi:

There are several reasons a Painter layer may refuse to be painted on.

I have a handy Painter Brush Checklist in PDF format that you may find helpful:

Painter Brush Checklist

-john


Thank you so much John for your reply and the checklist it is much appreciated. I've noticed some brushes was working on the layer and some weren't also I think I made a mess with the layers. I shall explore painter and learn what it does before I try to work with it.

Many thanks


helen

gholmes1936 01-16-2010 01:55 PM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DannyRaphael (Post 255607)
Don't be hard on yourself. Painter is a feature rich program, but it is REALLY complicated, not all all intuitive and comes with many potholes.

Consider looking into the basic Painter skills course offerings here (online):
http://www.eclecticacademy.com/

Hands on, easy pace, do as much/little as you like, access to a "real instructor," well organized, useful class materials and they don't cost an arm/leg.

Danny,

I just looked at the link you provided and it doesn't list anything for Painter 11. Just and FYI.

DannyRaphael 01-16-2010 05:51 PM

Re: Painter 11 don't work please help
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gholmes1936 (Post 255688)
Danny,

I just looked at the link you provided and it doesn't list anything for Painter 11. Just and FYI.

Good catch, G. Many thx. My error.

Better site: http://www.lvsonline.com/schedule.shtml


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved