RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Art selling web sites?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Art selling web sites?

Hey guys, I have searched keywords with no luck here. As you all know there are many websites set up to sell your art, but was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I hear mixed reviews on Fineartamerica.com although mostly good. Anyone tried that one?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2011, 06:07 PM

Re: Art selling web sites?

Have you tied Etsy.com. I also going to start researching about artprice.com. I am also in your same seatch.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2011, 09:25 PM

Yes, that is the other one I am considering. I have set up my account, but have not set up a store yet. Not sure how it will go, but so cheap I can't figure it could hurt to try. The fineartamerica.com site looks great, but would eliminate my control over the finished print - would relieve me of the extra work involved with printing, mounting, stretching,etc. - but then that is why I invested in my large format printer ..... so not really sold on that site.

Thanks for your reply, I will check out your artprice.com suggestion.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2011, 01:33 AM

If you are happy to allow them to print your work, www.redbubble.com.au is fantastic. Apart from sales, it is a great way to showcase your work and get feedback from other artists.

It is possible to redirect potential buyers to your own site too where they can select images for you to print. There are quite a few artists there who do not produce digital work and whilst they may be happy for purchasers to buy digital copies, they obviously also make the original piece available for purchase.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-06-2011, 11:06 AM

Thanks Carol, for responding to my post. I have heard of that site and will have to check it out as well. Right now I am thinking more on the Etsy site, for one thing the client can search for local artists. I have some of my art work displayed in an art gallery here in town where they could go and actually see the finished piece. I also do some paintings of local landmarks, events, barns and such. I will take a look at the other suggestions offered here and make my decision.

Thanks much for everyone's input.

Rhonda
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-24-2011, 11:39 PM

probably the biggest site is this one: http://www.art.com/

and, if you're not opposed to putting your art on articles, try this one: http://www.cafepress.com/

or, this one: http://www.zazzle.com/

i actually have an account at cafepress. the only thing i've ever done was to make a mug with a piece of my art on it and i bought one, myself. they did a nice job of it and it's kind of cool having things like that with your own art on it
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2011, 07:37 AM

Hey thanks, I will check those out.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources