|Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
Tutorial: Sketch, Lynda Logan method #1
I find myself sketching everything. I love the effect.
- - - - -
[The method to achieve this effect is about 5 posts below. DannyR - moderator.]
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 11-10-2002 at 07:40 PM.
Very nice and.... .well done, Lynda. I don't know if it's just the way it's looking on my monitor (mac) or the way you intended, but, it seems a little light. But.....I bet it looks great in print!
Hey Lynda.....that looks much better! You're becoming quite the digital artist, keep up the great work! Just think of all the money you're saving on sketch pads and pencils! I think you've saved enough for.....hmmmmmm......I know.....a new 256mb flash card. Well......that's the logic I use for myself when I want a new toy.
Here is a tutorial I wrote for a previous sketch. Have fun. It is addictive.
To Make a Sketch:
1. Get your image ready - unsharp mask, curves, levels, what ever is necessary to have a good image
2. Create duplicate layer
4. Mode/Grayscale - don't flatten
5. Mode/RGB – don’t flatten
7. Image/Adjustments/Levels – add highlights by sliding the white arrow to the left. How much is at your discretion.
8. Create duplicate layer
10. Blending Mode color dodge
11. Filter/Blur/Gaussian Blur – adjust so you can see as much detail as you desire.
12. Flatten image
13. Image/Adjustments/Brightness-Contrast (darken the sketch slightly to bring out the detail) I used -3 contrast.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tutorial: Sketch, Shan Canfield method variation||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||0||11-17-2002 02:14 PM|
|Tutorial: Sketch, Sepia (Lynda Logan)||DannyRaphael||The BEST of Photo-Art||0||11-14-2002 10:18 PM|
|Tutorial: Sketch, John Buchmann sketch method II and Photoshop Photo-art action||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||3||10-22-2002 04:13 AM|
|Tutorial: Sketch, Lynda Logan method #2 (Sepia tone)||lglogan||Photo-Art Resources||16||10-16-2002 08:47 AM|
|Tutorial: Sketch, OhThatGirl2001 method||OhThatGirl2001||Photo-Art Resources||24||06-01-2002 05:43 AM|