RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Tutorial: Watercolor, Sarah Swartzie method II (link)

Old 02-18-2003, 12:53 AM

Ron:

Yer 2-for-2 on this method. Another winner.

I'd say many of us will be sleeping less, having more fun now that we've discovered this method.

Keep 'em coming. (A+ on the attached image, too! )

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2003, 01:04 AM

There you had me getting all excited:
Quote:
This is done with psp 7 but you could probably come close with earlier versions brushes
it's not psp 7, it's ps 7
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2003, 01:15 AM

Smile 2:00 A.M - A few late comments

Sorry about the "Dave" Danny, its time for beddy-bye.

Although I might have trouble sleeping, My 70-200 2.8 L IS comes tomorrow! Saved my pennies and now I'm counting the hours.

Wanted to mention to anyone viewing the watercolor/painting examples in this forum - they should view them as large as possible.

Bigger is better with this style. I plan on printing the bird heads at 11x17 soon. The 8x10's I have look great - but its obvious they'll look even better at a larger size. The "brush strokes" become more evident.

Cheers,
Rick er I mean Ron
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2003, 08:39 AM

Rick-Ron:

Not to worry. I been called a lot worse! (LOL) Besides at least 2-3 times a week, one of my kids refers to me as, "Mom," so I'm used to it.

The important thing: Keep stayin' up until 2:00 A.M. cuz yer havin' fun on this stuff.

Yours,
Marge-Dave-Danny-Sarah-Jessica-Parker -- Oh, you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2003, 09:59 AM

Im sorry about that psp. I am never sure what abbreviation to use for photoshop! If paint shop pro has layer masks it would work I think.

Dizzy, your female redbelly looks great. As you mentioned it does look some like a closeup I have of one. I have not had good luck getting a shot of the male. That new lens is a good one, you should have fun with it.

Danny that black and white looks good. I think I will fine tune my tutorial a little and if you want you can put it up here. I think that it does give results that are attuned to whatever style media you like to work with. Maybe we could add some pics of work done by others like you and Dizzy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2003, 01:23 PM

Awesome idea

Fine tuning and including a couple "what's possible" images would make an even more terrific tutorial, Sarah... and posting it here at RP would be a crown jewel.

Before you more work into the next version, give Doug Nelson an e-mail heads up. Doug will be the person who does the "behind the scenes" tutorial posting (under the Tutorial menu selection), and would probaby have some pointers on how he needs it formatted or whatever. Click
HERE to get to the page where you can send him e-mail.

Thanks for making this happen.
~Danny~

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 02-18-2003 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources