Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Tutorial: SKetch, Stoney's method

Old 10-22-2002, 10:14 PM
old axle

Been working on this for a couple days. I've been attempting to do some old style art to hang on my walls since there bare let me know what you think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheelweb.jpg (89.3 KB, 224 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2002, 12:51 PM
thanx for all the replies its much appreciated. Basically what I did is similiar to trimoons tutorial, with a few different things. I use the history brush with the original photo set to use for it. Then i set the brush to screen and choose a wet media brush and begin stroking away with color gradually increasing or decreasing the opacity to get the effect. I find that if you make the object of attention darker it has a better effect in this case it is the axle. The background was painted in and cloned from some foliage. using the color dodge tool i can highlight edges of the tires and the axle to give it some more definition. now as I near the edge of the paper I gradually decrease the opacity of the foliage to make it lighter as it extends outward. Lastly I may adjust the brightness and or contrast to my liking. Sorry i can't be more specific as with most of my photos I just play with the settings until I like. I guess I should start making notes whenever I work on a photo. Anwyays thanx again
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources