RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.

Impressionist plugin: Custom styles (member posted)

Old 11-23-2013, 06:30 PM

Re: Impressionist plugin: Custom styles (member po

Click on my name above and choose option "Send e-mail to DannyRaphael" -- then send e-mail to me. I will reply w detailed instructions.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2013, 06:52 AM

I have recently an Imac, and it is a pity that the impressionist no longer to use.
I used really likes Impressionist, but switched because the Win 8 me couldn't.
Maybe there is something else that does about the same?

Last edited by rogier; 11-26-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2014, 09:47 AM

Smile Re: Lyle's custom presets, Van Gogh, Mosaic, Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
To simplify things I took the liberty of consolidating Lyle's presets into two .set files...

The settings in the 1st file, #LK all.set, use Orientation option "Optionally". Just apply these like you would any other Impressionist style.

- - - - - - -

The settings in the 2nd file, #LK all with file.set, use Orientation option "By file..." and require what's known as a stroke direction file named original.bmp. Optionally you may specify another file. See Impressionist HELP topic Orientation Controls for more information on stroke direction file requirements.

IMPORTANT: When you attempt to apply any of the presets in the second collection for the first time, you will get an error message indicating a missing file, in this case "original.bmp".

For corrective action click here and scroll down to the section that addresses

Symptom: Message "[file name]." The system cannot find the path specified."

==================

Thanks again, Lyle, for crafting these custom styles.

~Danny~
Dear LKroll,

I am new here and looking for a preset or style to change any .jpg's into embroidery stitches (not x-cross stitches as I have these) as the one you have used on your poppy image I came across today. I have seen the zip above, does this include this preset for long stitches as in image? I actually use Paint Shop Pro mainly but the Impressionist filter works in that program too, although I do have Photoshop as well but not installed. I have searched all over and can't find any tutorials on making such presets. And how do I install these presets to work with Impressionist filter? Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Laura
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-30-2014, 07:40 PM
Patron

Re: Lyle's custom presets, Van Gogh, Mosaic, Threa

Quote:
Originally Posted by launok View Post
Dear LKroll,

I am new here and looking for a preset or style to change any .jpg's into embroidery stitches (not x-cross stitches as I have these) as the one you have used on your poppy image I came across today. I have seen the zip above, does this include this preset for long stitches as in image? I actually use Paint Shop Pro mainly but the Impressionist filter works in that program too, although I do have Photoshop as well but not installed. I have searched all over and can't find any tutorials on making such presets. And how do I install these presets to work with Impressionist filter? Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Laura
My thread preset should be in this file Laura.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lkroll.zip (1.1 KB, 36 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2014, 06:03 AM

Smile Re: Lyle's custom presets, Van Gogh, Mosaic, Threa

Quote:
My thread preset should be in this file Laura.
Thank you! I have tested it in PSPX2 and it works only on your "lk all" set which I have downloaded elsewhere in this thread.

The other set "lk all with file" looks for "original.bmp" file. I assume the threads 1 & 2 in "lk all" is the same as in the others sets, or are they different? These in "lk all" works perfect and do not ask for the original.bmp file. I have read earlier in this thread of the missing file and willl try the options given.

EDIT: Never mind, I got all of them now to work perfectly in PSP after following the steps for missing .bmp file. With playing around with the various options, I got the perfect machine embroidered look!! And with the PSP embroidered presets for borders I have, this will look like real embroidery items. Thank you!

This is the result after playing with the stroke orientation within Impressionist and the "lk all":

http://i1284.photobucket.com/albums/...ps82415019.jpg

Regards,

Laura

Last edited by launok; 01-31-2014 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Added an image
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2014, 10:09 AM
Patron

Hey Laura. You can bypass the orientation file if you so choose. It does add nuance that other settings don't but it't not necessary. Click image for details on that. Also saw that you posted at GIMPChat. Yes, Impressionist runs in GIMP but it's a little convoluted to get it to work though but that's where I run this plugin. If you would like it to work in GIMP, you first need the PSPI plugin. Then, you will need to click on the Registry link for instructions (I did say convoluted didn't I? lol). Where there's a will, there's an A.

PSPI: http://tml.pp.fi/gimp/pspi.html

How to get it to work: http://registry.gimp.org/comment/6562#comment-6562
Attached Images
File Type: png settings.png (55.5 KB, 20 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-31-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Hey Laura. You can bypass the orientation file if you so choose. It does add nuance that other settings don't but it't not necessary. Click image for details on that. Also saw that you posted at GIMPChat. Yes, Impressionist runs in GIMP but it's a little convoluted to get it to work though but that's where I run this plugin. If you would like it to work in GIMP, you first need the PSPI plugin. Then, you will need to click on the Registry link for instructions (I did say convoluted didn't I? lol). Where there's a will, there's an A.

PSPI: http://tml.pp.fi/gimp/pspi.html

How to get it to work: http://registry.gimp.org/comment/6562#comment-6562
Lyle, thank you ... but first I have to get Gimp to be installed as I have never used it. But after I have seen all the great plugins and brushes for it, I have to do that soon!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art > Photo-Art Resources