|Photo-Art Resources Photo manipulation/digital art tutorials, books, plugins, software, cool websites, etc., and info on the Impressionist plugin: troubleshooting, custom settings, tips & tricks, etc.|
| ||Thread Tools|
Tutorial (link): Magazine covers templates
If you're wondering about a Christmas gift, how about a People magazine cover shot of your kids or spouse?
* I got the barcode image via a Google (images) search using barcode as a search argument
* For a more realistic result than I got, it would help to have a copy of the magizine you're trying to mimic handy. This will help as you choose fonts and to where things like "headline text", barcode, date, etc. should be placed.
How I got the color filled letters...
* After opening the logo file, I sized the logo so it was compatible with the cover photo. Then I copied/pasted the logo layer into the image file and positioned the logo accordingly.
* Click the foreground color swatch and from the color picker, pick any color -- as long as it's not black, white or a shade of gray. You can fine tune (or completely change) the color later.
* Ctrl + click on the layer name. This will "load the selection." (Marching ants). You've selected the lines that define the logo.
* Select > Inverse (select everything except the lines)
* Edit > Fill > Foreground color (everything but the lines are filled with color)
* From the tools palette choose the Magic Wand tool. Options Anti-alias and Contiguous are checked on. Tolerance = 5.
* Click anywhere inside the logo. This will select the color inside the lines.
* Ctrl + J (to create a new layer from the selection)
Turn off the layer below to see your filled logo.
The red edges around the letters...
* Apply a Stroke Layer Style. Choose the "center" option for placement and experiment with the thickness.
Now for the color adjustments...
* Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation. Click on the "group with previous" checkbox so the effect will only be applied to the text.
* In the Hue/Saturation dialog, adjust the H, S and L sliders until you get the color you want.
- - - - - - - -
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-11-2004 at 10:49 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|An interesting link...||Frank Lopes||Non-RetouchPRO Resources||3||05-26-2006 06:23 PM|
|Tutorial (link): Trimoon Artistic Expressions||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art Resources||4||03-19-2005 06:40 PM|
|Tutorial (link): Trimoon tutorial using Impressionist plugin||Trimoon||Photo-Based Art||3||05-24-2004 02:54 PM|
|Tutorial (link): The Internet Eye Magazine (Miscellaneous tutorials various programs)||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art Resources||0||04-17-2004 06:38 PM|
|Tutorial (link): Pen and Ink (Gregory Georges)||jrolinc||Photo-Art Resources||3||02-28-2003 01:43 PM|