RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Creative Interpretations: Thailand

Old 07-04-2005, 01:18 PM

Love it, Craig... you have so much imagination! :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2005, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampy
Love it, Craig... you have so much imagination! :-)

DITTO! from me, Craig. You have a great eye for just the right addition.

(I'm staying safe here in the desert, and not getting anywhere near that body of water!)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2005, 04:07 PM

Great effect Craig. It's the "Jaws" feeling.

Cathy
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-04-2005, 09:38 PM

thank you, dee dee, cj, cathy

it needs about 40 more frames to smooth it out, but if i did that i'd have to cut the size down to a postage stamp.

i did find a faster way to do this one. i found an appropriate shark, made a selection of the part needed, took the thai beach pic and duplicated it about 22 times. then, starting at the 2nd layer, i added in the selection and moved to the next one, but with it turned off. so it's the active layer, but is turned off. this leaves showing the last addition so i can place the next one correctly. when all are done i then save the file as a .psp file which saves all the layers. i used to make a new image out of each layer, so this is new.

i then start animation shop and simply load the .psp file with all the layers intact into it and it creates the animation in order of the layers from bottom to top. that's part of the new part also. i was placing each frame by hand before. then i select all the new frames and change the timing to slow it down a bit. each frame is displayed for 16/100ths of a second. i then go back to the first frame and lengthen the time on that one as the introduction frame and to give it time between the last frame and the first when it loops.

some day i'll show you my tribute to marilyn monroe that i made during the 30 day trial of macromedia's flash prograrm. it's kind of rough around the edges and if i ever buy that program i'll redo it. it's also set to music, which i cant do with animation shop.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2005, 08:30 PM

actually, there's no reason why i couldnt just post the link to this now. it's been on that server all this time. it shld work in firefox, mozilla and internet explorer. it's an .swf (macromedia shockwave) file, so it you dont have the plugin for your browser, you'll have to get that first...maybe.... not even sure if you need the plugin to play this or not. just try it.

bear in mind, this was a first attempt at macromedia's shockwave that i did during the 15 or 30 day trial, whatever it was. it's unpolished. all the fades and wipes and so on were constructed by hand, image by image, as i knew no other way at the time to do it.

at any rate, here: http://www.mizus.com/kraellin/ToMarilyn1-k-1t.swf

just hit the link and it will load and start playing....or shld.

so, this was my tribute to marilyn monroe

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 04:41 AM

A true homage, felt a touch of "nostalgia" and made me sad to think about her struggles with life, oh well sorry. Great work Craig, it took a while to load but it worked fine and so did the background music.

Perhaps you know this site if not it might interest you.

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 06:01 AM

After skipping this picture several times I finally gave it a try..
Here's the result..

Edit: Added another try..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thai-Islands-RT2.jpg (99.9 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg Thai-Islands-RT3.jpg (95.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by Drach; 07-08-2005 at 06:33 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 08:18 AM

thank you, martha

you're not going to believe this, but i downloaded powerbullet yesterday! i had gotten interested in re-doing the marilyn presentation but all i had to work with was windows movie maker ver 2. it's ok for very simple stuff, but i wanted to do more than it could do. so, i went on a search of various download sites. after checking out tucows.com and zdnet, i checked out downloads.com and found powerbullet! it was the only one i ended up downloading. i havent installed it yet, but the weekend is coming up!

have you tried this yourself and if so, what do you think of it?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 08:24 AM

My try: Watercolor

http://casmaran.com/images/Thai%20Islands2.jpg

Cricket
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 07:21 PM

martha,

well, i installed and tried out powerbullet. it's not what i need i can make pages and transitions and so on, but it has no timeline, so, i cant embed the music across lots of different image frames. i can only put the music in one frame and let that frame run. when that's over, you move to a new frame/page and i could then have another music piece, but the same music wont spread out across all frames/pages and play as the frames sequence.

oh well, it was worth a shot. the program may well be good for other things, but not quite what i need and want. i suppose i could try out Swish, which is sort of like what paint shop pro is to photoshop, only in the flash arena, but even that is $300 i dont have to spend right now for thiis.

ah well, i'll keep lookin and playin around. maybe movie maker has an upgrade.

thanks

Craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art