Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Creative Interpretations: Thailand

Old 07-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Ink sketch...

This is part of my "familiarization tour" of Painter. Used the sketch filter and added texture then added a photo filter in Photoshop. Many great interpretations so far!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thai-Islandshssketch.jpg (97.8 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Smile Craig - Powerbullet

Sorry I could not find this thread and I forgot to subscribe so wasn't getting updates by e-mail either

I am sorry this "pseudo flash" program wasn't of help. I tried to use it but didn't quite have time to practice much and the little I knew of flash has gone (with the wind ? ) Back on track I seem to remember that in that same site there were other flash-type applications but am not sure how useful they will be.

Again sorry you cannot find a suitable program to apply your skill in animations, you are so talented it's a shame really. If I see something promissing will PM you with a link. Or post the link in the appropriated thread and PM you, should you wish to try it.

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-13-2005, 11:32 PM
thanks martha

actually, i found a free one that might work. i just cant download it or install it. it's microsoft's new Photo Story 3. it looks like it would do a slideshow with music type thing. however, i spent about 3 hours on the phone with microsoft tech support saturday because when i tried to download the thing i kept getting error messages about not being able to validate my copy of windows. now, this is pretty silly since i had to register this machine and o/s with microsoft when i first got it. it's a windows xp machine and quite legal.

now, after about 2 hours on the phone i finally got it downloaded, but when i tried to install it, it still wanted authorization! lol. this was getting silly. after another hour of running around in circles and trying different methods, we determined that something was goofed with my machine. they had had trouble with others having this problem but had always been able to solve it. wouldnt you know, i'd be the one they couldnt solve.

now, i dont blame microsoft. this new verification check doesnt surprise me. MS has been under attack and pirates are eating them alive. and i think they actually wanted to do something for those who do use valid copies. but, a few months back i had a couple of really bad crashes and i know some things got wiped in the registry, including some parts of the o/s and i'm guessing that's what's messing up my verification.

ah well, it's getting about that time to upgrade to a new machine or at least clean this one up a bit. so, maybe i'll just wipe the drive and start over... or go buy a new machine

so, thank you for looking, and yes, if you do find something, let me know.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Re: Creative Interpretations: Thailand

Some really good pictures here check them out.

Lets see if I can remember what I did.

Did noise reduction on dupe to smooth a little.
Passed through Impressionist #djroil24
Duped the dupe and blended to overlay
Put this dupe through Redfields Basrelief and faded opacity slightly.
Merged down sharpened
Added a texture though you may not see it here.
Added a solid colour layer between background and merged down layer.
Changed blend of merged down layer to hard light.
Adjusted hue and sat of the solid colour layer,
Used Shadow highlight on merged layer to darken slightly. (just an experiment that seemed to work)
And I think that was it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg t-boat.jpg (77.3 KB, 14 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2007, 06:02 PM

PSCS Art History Brush
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thailand01.jpg (91.9 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-25-2007, 06:36 PM

Ah, yes. I remember longtail boats like these churning up the murky waters of the Chao Phrya River in Bangkok, where I spent one of the best years of my life, thanks to Uncle Sam. Like Ro, I didn't get out of town much, sadly.

This was done in PS and Twisted Brush.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg longtail_twb.jpg (98.5 KB, 5 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art