RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Signature?

Old 06-16-2005, 12:43 PM

Signature?

I am so frustreated here. I love the picture, finally got it where I want it, and Now I can't decide where to put my signature. What would you all suggest? Every thing I try seems to interfere, so I dunno. I have tried low on the arm, on the bottom right corner, on her dress in the corner, under the brim at the back of her hat and in white. I just can't make up my mind... AAARGH!! lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashleigh side hat art final small for web.jpg (92.5 KB, 42 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2005, 02:59 PM

Mememe!!!

What about adding it like a logo on the side of her vest top, say like a little emblem that would look cute and also blend in with your picture.

Elle
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2005, 03:08 PM

Elle, you beat me to it. I was going to say the exact same thing.

1stLittle... I've known artists who will sign on the back when they didn't want their signature to detract from the work. I don't know what your final medium is, though, so it might not be an option for you. But, it could be a consideration if you really don't like it being part of the image.

--Racc
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2005, 04:39 PM

Smile Signature type ?

Something that could be important, how is your signature ? Simple, elaborated , painter style ?
Depending on that, like Elle and Racc suggested, incorporated as part of a pattern or logo on the t-shirt could be cool, I would place it on the collar.

Regards - Martha
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-16-2005, 08:53 PM

Another option might be to use a light gray or maybe a light pink sampled from the skin tones for the "ink" color. You can also shrink your signature if it's on it's own layer. Just some thoughts.

-Mark
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2005, 12:23 AM

great picture, 1stlite!

the collar would work, but i dont think it would distract down in the right hand corner, particularly if you faded it a bit in opacity or size and it was in a dark color or black.

by the way, i havent seen a rod mckuen reference in ages. thanks "You lie bent up in embroyo sleep, beneath the painting of the blue fisherman (without a pillow?), the checkered covers kicked and tangled on the floor, the old house creaking now, a car going by, a fire engine up the hill." boy, amazed i still remember that. prolly got it a bit wrong, but it's close. i think that's from 'Stanyon Street'.

Craig

Last edited by Craig Walters; 06-17-2005 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 PM

Thanks everyone! I finally did decide to go with the signature in "white" at the back of the hat. It turned out really nice, especially in printing. The signature was very small and the print was on canvas paper, so it was very not noticeable. I want to add another question here if I may - What would you all charge for this type of work? I am trying to come up with a pricing guide at least, because with this job, I am hoping, will come alot of business. Everyone seems to like this and the photos I took and retouched of this baby. But, I am scared of over-pricing, and even more scared of under-pricing! I have done some research, but I guess I am still nervous about it. lol Any help that anyone can offer in this is greatly appreciated!

Kraellin, I LOVE Rod McKuen. I only have one of his books, Listen To The Warm, and a couple of his songs, but I WANT MORE!! lol My Jr. High gifted teacher gave me the book in 1991 or 92, and that was it, I was in love. His website is awesome, too, so if you havent already, check it out. One of my favorite lines was something like "funny how the mind works. You remember a candy bar when you were five, but not the day your best friend died." I love McKuen.

Dawn
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-18-2005, 01:16 AM

fraid i dont know a lot about pricing, but some questions do come to mind. this was a photo to begin with? you said printed on canvas paper, but what size? framed and if so, what quality frame? limited edition, one of a kind, or endless run?

there are some helps around the forums about pricing. check the classifieds forum and the one below it. shld be some stuff there.

as for mckuen, look on amazon.com under his name. find the title 'Stanyon Street and Other Stories'. i think that was the name of it. it's a good collection. i still have mine.... somewhere. boy, now you've got me trying to remember that song he did back in the 60's that made the charts

Craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art