RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

A Gift

Old 09-27-2005, 09:21 PM

thank you, martha, and thank you, nancy

i also realize some of those views are from guests who cant post.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 01:03 AM

Man, that Rose movie is awesome. I just sent the link to my next-door neighbour. She is 75 and a terrific artist, mainly still life and birds. She is mad keen on doing slide shows with her iMac but I don't think it has occurred to her to put all her paintings in a slideshow movie. I just know I shouldn't have sent it; she will be around here asking never ending questions about her Macintosh. But she is a great neighbour.

Ants
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 03:32 AM

Craig

I knew you were clever this just proves it, what a nice way to get up in the morning ! ! !

As for selling etc I could see that there would be a market with wedding 's and special occasions or presentations, but not down wal marts (Asda here)If these where burnt to cd or dvd would they work ? I have seen one done but not sure what software was used.

Again when we upgrade our pc we will be attempting to use moviemaker for our digi cam ( it is supposed to be one of the best and easiest programs for this )

It does get a bit down heartening when nobody comments (especially when you KNOW you have done good work ) but we got there in the end, hopefully

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 10:07 AM

a rose is a rose is a rose is a rose
how trivial and how trite

you see one rose, you've seen them all
the thorns, what a nasty bite

on second thought, I've seen Craig's rose
with it's many colors bright

i think I'll spend a little time
finding my softer side tonite

Dave
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 11:09 AM

Great job, Craig, Thanks

What a talent - and what patience to put this all together.

It's a long download but truly worth it folks.

Don't miss this - and don't forget to thank Craig for all the hard work.

Regards

Bob Mc
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 02:25 PM

That's a good one Craig. Really nice. The recitation is reminisent of the John Denver song "Perhaps Love."

Lyrics for that can be found here: http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/d...ove-11323.html

Steve
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 03:38 PM

deadants,
thank you!i hope she enjoys it. just make sure she knows the song is copyrighted by someone else. my only justification for 'borrowing' it as i have is that i do give credit and it is free advertising for whomever is currently holding Conway's copyrights. but technically, if someone wanted to get mad over this, i'd be forced to remove it or even subject to a fine, i suppose.

palms,
thank you!
yes, you can burn windows movie media files to cd. nero can handle it and i'm sure plenty of others. hadnt thought of weddings. birthdays, vacations, yes, all might have a market. i wonder what the legalities of doing something like this combined with paid for downloaded music off something like itunes would be. if the recipient had paid for the music and used that music for a personal movie/slide show which someone else had cobbled together, i would think it would be ok. but this stuff has gotten so slippery of late, i'm not sure.
movies off a digi-cam. ok, havent tried that yet. i do know that movie maker 2 was a bit fussy at times. crashed several times while i was using. i think it has something to do with the auto-save feature. so, save often!
and yes, i feel acknowledged now seems i need to advertise within the forums more

dave,
very nice! and thank you so, you think my movie is a chick-flik ay?

thanks bob! you guys are great! all of you

steve,
thank you and thanks for that link. great resource! been wanting some words to some songs.

so again, thank you all

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 05:33 PM

Craig, I don't think you have any worries with my neighbour, It only occurred to me last night that she won't be able to view it as she won't have Widows Media Player on her Mac. So I will show her your rose movie when she comes around here.

I use iMovie on my Mac to do slideshows. But sometimes you might want to have the ability to move around a photo, this can be done with a programme like Photo to Movie http://www.lqgraphics.com/software/phototomovie.php
Another one, which is pretty good, is Still Life 2.3.4 but it is a Macintosh only program. But to give you an idea of what these types of slideshow programs can do, check this out. http://www.dontremain.com/eliz/index.html This link takes a little while to load but is well worth it. Also it requires QuickTime. I think there is a market for this sort of thing.

I just finished a project for the New South Wales Fire Brigade, which showed a series of photos of the Fire Brigade that were taken from the late 1880’s to the 1950’s. I also used animated plugins, which gave me flames and drifting smoke. So if you are looking for a programme that gives you some flexibility with Effects and transitions etc. Try and find one that has the ability to accept third party plugins.

Ants
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-28-2005, 07:49 PM

Very enjoyable Craig, thank you! This is the first time I've become aware of your animation. I doubt I'd have the same patience to work on an image and produce so many different results! So for that alone, and besides the work put into your animation, you deserve congratulations.

Ants - I like the look of Photo to Movie, thanks for the link!

Last edited by Neve; 10-28-2005 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 06:51 AM

[QUOTE=Kraellin]
palms,
thank you!
yes, you can burn windows movie media files to cd. nero can handle it and i'm sure plenty of others. hadnt thought of weddings. birthdays, vacations, yes, all might have a market.

Thinking about it there is even more ideas like Family trees, Class Photo's etc etc could be a bit of a bummer with the copyright of music, unless you can compose and do your own ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Palms
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art