RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

A Gift

Old 10-29-2005, 09:11 AM

deadants,

thank you for that link to 'photo to movie'. that looks very similar to moviemaker only a bit more sophisticated with the moving camera shots and so on. i hesitate a bit over it because of the quicktime format, though. quicktime tends to always want things in that smaller size, like the other link to that tribute to betty.

that was quite a remarkable tribute and very nicely done. i was a bit concerned over some of the blurring that was going on during that movie, though. i just wonder if that was from the quicktime format, the photo-to-movie software, or perhaps some of the original photos. it looked mostly like a compression thing where you compress things down to make them viewable on the web and all those pixels start moving around a bit oddly. still, even with that, it certainly communicated a very loving tribute.

nonetheless, i downloaded the trial version for windows and might try it out.

animated plugins? ok, that's a new one to me. so the smoke and fire effects were animated? how clever. and photo-to-movie has this feature of animated plugins?

neve,
thank you i have a few other small animations around the forums as well. one is that rocky landscape picture somewhere in the art forums and another is the japanese garden one. surprising how a little animation can change things.

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 05:41 PM

Hi Craig,
I think the blurring is the compression artifacts. I know the ones I have done for DVD 16:9 widescreen it's razor sharp.

The Photo to Movie software is just to do the panning, zooming and rotating. Even though you can do this in moviemaker, you have much more flexabiiity. After you have the photos constructed the way you want in Photo to Move, you then export it out as an mpeg, quicktime or whatever. You then import it into moviemaker. In my case iMovie. Once I have it in iMovie, I can then add the effects and transitions etc. iMovie comes with a good set of transitions and special effects but there are quite a few software companys now getting on the plugin bandwagon.

Here's a sample photo with fire plugin. It's quicktime.
http://www.geocities.com/wheelham/FireBrigade.mov

Last edited by deadants; 10-29-2005 at 05:56 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 06:33 PM

ok, you threw me there and i had to check the photo-to-movie site again. here's a blurb from there:
Quote:
Photo to Movie is the advanced way to turn your digital photos into a spectacular QuickTime movie. Using an extended version of the Ken Burns effect, it will literally change the way you look at your photos forever. You can zoom, pan, and rotate over your photos, blending them together with transition from one photo to the next. Add titles and music and you have a high quality movie ready to burn to DVD.
from what i can tell from that, you dont need to export it to moviemaker at all. it says it can do the transitions, add music and so on. or, am i reading this wrong?

that's the fire brigrade one you did?

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 07:01 PM

That was one of the photos with the flame plugin effect.

Photo to movie does do exacty what it's web site claims but it does not allow you to add the fancy plugin effects. You will need to export your movie to quickime. You can then import it to your movie editing software which support the plugins. I don't know whats available for PC that will handle plugins but I'm sure there must be software out there that does.

I guess I could have converted my little demo to Flash before I uploded it, but I forgot I could do that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 09:12 PM

deadants,

ah, ok. photo-to-movie to quicktime to moviemaker. not sure if moviemaker can use plugins or not. that was pretty much the first time i ever seriously used it. what i really wanted was macromedia

nice fire brigade movie, btw!

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 09:27 PM

Yes, you now have the order correct.

That photo was used in the opening sequence with the titles and Fire ground sound effects. It then goes on to show the difference between the 1880's and present day fire fighting techniques.

They were going to do a power point presentation but my brother who is a Station Officer in the Brigade ask me if I could spruce the thing up a bit. The first thing I suggested was dump the powerpoint and go with something that won't have them falling asleep. Anyway, after countless powerpoint presentations, they were to say the least, delighted with the finished product.

Ants
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-29-2005, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Anyway, after countless powerpoint presentations, they were to say the least, delighted with the finished product.
hehehe, sweet

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 12:30 PM

Smile

Hello Kraellin,

Like the pic of your rose...one of my favourite flowers...there are many....I like the softness of it....downloading your animation now...but going to send you my fave rose..as they say one good rose dererves another...just watched your rose animation and its truly beautiful...i saw lots of my favourite effects in there and a few new ones....well done...but sorry the music is not my kind....The rose i photographed over a year ago...i did something with it in paint shop pro 9, i made the mask and then did a dreamy effect in autofx free plugin for photoshop and paintshop pro...sorry i cany remember all the details but at the time i wasnt taking a lot of notes!!!!

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg black framed red rose DREAM S.jpg (26.7 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 PM

thank you, patricia

the rose was one i took over 30 years ago, along with many others. it was my pleasure to do this one up as a slide/movie show. i'm glad you enjoyed it and no worries about the music; conway twitty isnt for everyone

love your flower! if you have more i'd love to see them. and if you're (or anyone else, for that matter) feeling adventurous, why not do one (a slide/video) up of your works?!

Craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2005, 04:47 AM

Smile

Hello...Just a quickie for you....have found my original photo of the rose so i am sending now...i did a little animation of this rose ages ago when i got psp9...in animation factory...i will have to look through my cds as i have saved it somewhere...its not fab and i have no idea how to add music to it...i have tought about doing a cd each for all our girls...4 of them... of all the nice photos we have taken over the years ...thinking about it it would be nice to add music...another little project to add to my ever growing list...i will send more roses as the days go by if you would like... 30 years, sounds like me i save things for ever...

Kind regards Patricia Kay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ds_16th November 2004 018.jpg (21.4 KB, 12 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art