RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Therese 3 years old...

Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 PM

Used a couple of Photoshop artistic filters, layering and painting.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakay
Hi Steve,
Thanks for the second drawing, it is different from the first, think i like this one a little more....did you actually do it or use a filter??? Glad to see you are having fun with the photo...

Patricia
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-14-2006, 01:42 PM

patricia,

thank you and by all means, ask away re smart morph. it's actually pretty simple to use, even surprisingly so for the results one gets.

and steve,

thank you

as for slowing it down, i think the .gif version is slower. it also is looped so that it plays continuously backwards and forwards. the current frame rate is 15 frames per second because i wanted it to have a smoother transition between each frame. i've run into problems with these animations before where they wont play as fast when you put them on the web, so i wanted it fairly speedy for that reason as well. i could slow it down more. i could also make it larger. i cut the originals in half for file space conservation and speed. but in looking at it here on the web page now, it seems pretty good to me. still, it might be nice to be able to not only slow it down to see what she looks like at at '7', age '12' and so on, but to also pause it and take a snapshot of it. dont know how to do those last yet, but i'm sure it could be done.

as for aging software, there is some on the web. i think Cingular had a page up at one point that did that. you could upload an image and hit '10 years' or '20 years' and it would age the picture accordingly. now, why Cingular was doing this, i dont know. and i also think they took theirs down not too long ago. but there is at least one site that still does this....hang on, let me look for the page......

ok, here it is: http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~morph/T...mer/index.html probably not the best, but might be fun.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM

Hi Christine...just fantastic....Therese looks like a china doll....one day i would like to be able to paint like this oh dream on!!!!!!

Craig thanks for all the info....just one question today...strange that i posted the older Therese with a similar expression..is this important when doing this morph thingy???? Of course the other 3 girls have seen the one you did and want me to have a go......

Patricia
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-17-2006, 05:14 PM

patricia,

the closer the pose, the smoother the transitions will be. the program is pretty good, however, and seems to have been made for much odder images going from one to the other. you could even do a dog into a cat and it would work; it just wouldnt be quite as smooth as this one was. and if the dog and the cat were in similar poses and views to the camera, it would be better. it's a slick little program.

as for your other girls, ya just gotta grin show us the results when you get them.

and ya know, you could actually probably make a business of this if a picture is worth a thousand words, then an animation is 1000 words per frame

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2006, 04:11 AM

Thanks Craig...having a photo hunt today see what i come up with...appreciate all your help.....might check in with you later...when..not if..i get stuck..

Patricia
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2006, 04:52 AM

Therese 3 years old...

At last here is my try...xero filters...then a frames action....could anyone tell me what you use to clean up the face???? I did try but really didnt know what i was doing so its still dirty...ahhhhh

Patricia
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b792 theres 3 XERO CURVES frames 1 act.jpg (88.0 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by patriciakay; 04-18-2006 at 05:05 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-18-2006, 08:34 AM

Good stuff, Craig!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 AM

thanks dee dee

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-19-2006, 10:44 AM

Thanks Craig, will check out the site you suggest re. the aging morph.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
patricia,

and steve,

thank you

as for slowing it down, i think the .gif version is slower. it also is looped so that it plays continuously backwards and forwards. the current frame rate is 15 frames per second because i wanted it to have a smoother transition between each frame. i've run into problems with these animations before where they wont play as fast when you put them on the web, so i wanted it fairly speedy for that reason as well. i could slow it down more. i could also make it larger. i cut the originals in half for file space conservation and speed. but in looking at it here on the web page now, it seems pretty good to me. still, it might be nice to be able to not only slow it down to see what she looks like at at '7', age '12' and so on, but to also pause it and take a snapshot of it. dont know how to do those last yet, but i'm sure it could be done.

as for aging software, there is some on the web. i think Cingular had a page up at one point that did that. you could upload an image and hit '10 years' or '20 years' and it would age the picture accordingly. now, why Cingular was doing this, i dont know. and i also think they took theirs down not too long ago. but there is at least one site that still does this....hang on, let me look for the page......

ok, here it is: http://www.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~morph/T...mer/index.html probably not the best, but might be fun.

craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art