RetouchPRO (
-   Photo-Based Art (
-   -   Crab Apple flower (

Frank Lopes 05-27-2006 09:39 AM

Crab Apple flower
1 Attachment(s)
I shot this a couple weeks ago in my backyard...
I thought it was a good candidate for the forum...
I hope you take a crack at it...

palms 05-27-2006 11:23 AM

looks great to me will have a go tomorrow i will be back

NancyJ 05-27-2006 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
not my best - I got my layers mixed up half way through and then had to try to mask and repair - didnt go to well.

Steve Conway 05-27-2006 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Always Like a photo done with a long lens separating the bg from the main subject. Nice shot.

Swampy 05-27-2006 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Frank, This was probably one of the most "fun" projects I've set out to do in a while. Just a great picture with much "artistic" potential.

I'm not real sure how I got "here". I do know that after color adjusting, making the selection and doing a pencil sketch I spent a lot of time in the blending options dialog box. I experimented with different knockouts, and channel blends and I can't, for the life of me remember what I finalized on.

Thanks for the wonderful picture and opportunity to play!

Craig Walters 05-27-2006 01:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks pretty good to me, nancy.

i had a go also. this was done with the new Filter Forge, filter maker, with a filter i made in that program. (you can find more about filter forge in the software forum). i ran the filter, overlaid it on the original, duped it again and set the dupe to multiply. i then did this again and then cropped the whole.

Craig Walters 05-27-2006 01:09 PM

steve and dee dee,

you both posted while i was posting so didnt see yours. both very nice!

oltenius 05-27-2006 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my try. I'v used Filter - Rough Pastels, brushes on a dup background layer, adjustment layers (selective color, color balance...) etc. Voila!

Steve Conway 05-27-2006 03:00 PM

Thanks...and looks like that new filter program is working well for you. Still haven't downloaded it yet.

Originally Posted by Kraellin
steve and dee dee,

you both posted while i was posting so didnt see yours. both very nice!

Krisse 05-27-2006 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is so beautiful photograph that it was really nice to work with it.
I'm having around 20 layers in my work. I start with one sketch method tutorial and then start to play with layer modes for adding some color back. I play long time with the background and use lightning effect for the flower.