RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Poppy!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:18 PM

Craig...Like your filter forge work more and more....Like the second one best...
Thanks for the link i found it really interesting...

I dont mind you using my flower or any other photos as long as its credited to me and my copyright...which you did....Thanks...

I am very happy with my photos of late and you maybe surprised to know its a ps camera, a Canon power shot 300 3.2 mega pixels...only thing i dont like about it is the zoom...it never takes sharp enough shots for me..had this two years now and on my list of would like to haves is a Canon EOS350D 8 MEGA PIXELS i Also have a tiny Sony Cybershot, fits in the palm of your hand, it takes great landscapes and flower shots but i am not happy with the people ones...over in my gallery i have a coulple of landscapes i took with the Sony..
Heres a link to my Near to home album....maybe there is something there you would like to use for your filter work...taken with the Canon camera...

http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/patriciakay/ Patricia...
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2006, 12:49 AM

patricia,

thank you those two were quite the accident and very unexpected for the filter i was working on but once i saw the general effect i had to take some shots.

and thank you for letting me use your image on the FF forums!

i had a look at your gallery. i saved out a couple to try with my newest filter. if they work, i'll post one up

i'm surprised that's only 3.2 megapixels. they are quite good quality. but, canon has been making good cameras for a while. my old canon F1 (film, circa 1972-3) is still with me and i still use it on occasion. but i've been drooling over a canon rebel and a nikon D50. nothing like an slr for getting the shot you really want and with digital this is even more the case.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 AM
Patron

Poppy Circuit.

Attached is a very low quality (12%) crop; here's a slightly higher quality full version (still 42%, but kept it within ImageShack's limits).

Created using Xero's Supersmooth followed by DCSpecial's ICE4 filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Poppy!!!_crop.jpg (99.7 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2006, 03:20 PM

lkroll,

you shld really be playing with filter forge. with your love of filters, it would be ideal. you could get that effect and a million more similar to it.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2006, 03:47 PM

Craig...Glad you found some pics that might be of use to you....we have a Sigma A300 film camera and it takes great shots....but as i take many photos at a time it would be too expensive to use on a daily basis...Yes the Canon i want is called Rebel in the States but not in Europe...Wow 1972 eh...I also hang on to things and have a Minolta from almost 20 years ago and still use that too on occasions...

Lyle...Like your pic...nicely cropped and a great effect...I agree with Craig you would like Filter Forge and bet you could also make great filters...i am just trying them out on my pics and Craig is doing some really good ones..

Patricia....

Last edited by patriciakay; 07-06-2006 at 03:48 PM. Reason: hitting the wrong keys!!!!
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM

smudge fever

a dangerous smudge fever after visiting UK ( Hi, britsdad )
comes to Central Europa ( am I the next victim ??)

here my smudged poppy
I used Gimp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg barbara_poppy.jpg (92.5 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Patron

Probably would be too lazy to make my own filters.

That's why I was avoiding the Filter Forge route; probably couldn't get it for free anymore anyway.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 12:28 AM

thanks patricia

just a bit of nostalgia here, since patricia and i are talking about older film cameras... i recall one of my first 'cameras'. it was this thing you ordered from the back of a comic book or made yourself (i forget exactly how i got it). i dont recall a great deal about it, but i do remember that it had a pinhole for the lens, and the 'film' was open to the light and you had to hold it very steady for about 30 seconds. but, you could watch the 'film' as the light came in through the pinhole and it would sort of develop in front of your eyes. it was quite a weak effect but did work. if anyone remembers these things i'd be interested in hearing more about it.

lk, as far as i know they are still accepting testers. we've only had the one version so far to test, so as far as i know they havent rejected anyone yet or revised the software to do so.

barbara, i like that. nice crop and nice smudge.

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 03:17 AM

Barbara excellent I think you have just recruited a load of smudgers for gimp

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-07-2006, 04:49 PM

Barbara...Beautiful smudge and crop....oh yes i certainly think you are getting the fever...I cropped in almost the same place. smudged but had a white background and printed out a greetings card for a friend...

Craig...Nice to hear about your old camera, i dont remember one like that and have been trying to rack my brains to remember my first camera....I got it when i was seven and remember the first photo i took was of a doll...still have it somewhere i think...the photos were black and white and square...

Patricia....

Last edited by patriciakay; 07-08-2006 at 03:57 AM. Reason: spelling!!!!!!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art