RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

I'd rather have broken my shoulder, like Swampy!

Old 08-12-2006, 12:21 AM

I'd rather have broken my shoulder, like Swampy!

well, my xp machine finally bit the dust today. i'm writing this on my backup, win98 machine. i think all i have on this is psp 9, no filter forge, and a whole lot fewer plugins so, my postings of images is going to be fewer for a while. i'll still be in and playing a bit but priority one is going to be what looks like a new motherboard and new cpu.

so, keep the fires burning

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2006, 12:25 AM
Patron

Heart's out to you Craig. I remember a year ago when my Win2K machine failed (OS only thank God; gave me a good excuse to go to XP Pro) and I was down and out for the count for nearly a week. Are you going for Dual Core or are you going to give Core 2 Duo a shot?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2006, 12:49 AM

thanks lk. actually, i just posted a note in the hardware forum. i'd rather just fix the thing than have to buy a new motherboard or cpu or both. but, fixes often mean long periods without a machine and almost as expensive as just buying new parts. so, i'll wait a bit for some feedback on the hardware thread and then probably head out to the local parts guy and just see what they have in a decent price range.

and i know this is treason, but i've even been eyeballing the new macs. since they can now run pc software with very little trouble and good reliability, i may just go that way. hehehe, i love all the new mac television commercials. old bill gates must be fuming a bit over those

the worst thing is, they just came out with a filter forge update today, one that i'd been really wanting to take for a spin. lots of new features. so, that's gonna have to wait for a bit now

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2006, 07:48 AM

So sorry to hear your bad news Craig ....will miss your creative interpretations for a while...

I have an old Packard Bell computer in stock so to say....It needs restoring to factory conditions and starting to refill the brain again. I have on the go a 2 year old PC and a Lap top I bought in January.My better half wants to throw the Packard Bell away but i want to restore it and have it as back up as i would surely be lost without my toy...

Hopefully you will get lots of helpful replies from your other thread...hope its simple and not too expensive to repair...

Best of luck Craig....

Patricia...
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-12-2006, 08:11 AM

Quote:
and i know this is treason, but i've even been eyeballing the new macs
After looking at Vista, I suspect quite a few will be doing that. Haven't seen the final release version of it yet (obviously), but not over impressed by what I've seen so far.

Craig, I've posted to your other thread. Certainly sounds like overheating problems.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art