Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Help Recreating Realistic Paint Spatter?

Old 04-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Help Recreating Realistic Paint Spatter?

This is a breakdancer from an exact science brand tshirt, all rights reserved to their company. The paint spatter effect in adobe doesn't really come close to this. I love the painted spatter effect in the back any idea how to recreate the paint spatter and style? I'd really like to ad the kinetic paint spatter to my own pieces. Thank you - Barry
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-01-2007, 04:57 PM
Re: Help Recreating Realistic Paint Spatter?

Welcome to RetouchPRO Barry.

Here are a couple of possibilities I came up with experimenting just now. Surely there are others:
* The first example was rendered by the Splatter Water variant from the Watercolor group in Corel Painter X.
* The second was rendered by applying a custom setting I concocted ("Circles turned to spatters") with the Impressionist plugin available at (click "Downloads"). The left side of the attached image is the "before." Once Impressionist is installed download and unzip the attached .zip file. Copy the .set file into Impressionist's \User Settings folder and restart Photoshop.

Hope this gets you started.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corel Painter X watercolor splatter water.jpg (41.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg impressionist before after.jpg (98.7 KB, 57 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip #djr spattered (512 Bytes, 33 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2007, 09:53 AM
Re: Help Recreating Realistic Paint Spatter?

You are a saint! is an incredible resource thank you so much for your help. Not only is that spatter plugin perfect for me, the other tutorials and work there is right up my alley for the styles and pieces I was trying to learn how to create in photoshop. Thank you very much for turning me on to and taking the time to answer my question. I'll definitely be an active member of retouch from here on out. Have a good week - Barry
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art