RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Ocho

Old 09-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Newbie Ocho

One of our four cats is named Ocho. My step son found him on the sidewalk in front of the Brooklyn Library appearing like a dead kitten. He nursed her back to health. After grad school his new wife is allergic to cats so we took her in. She has never meowed, only knows how to growl---just in case, I guess. God only knows what happened to her as a little kitten on those streets.

But, here she is in all her overweight glory. I think she is a pretty girl. Took the picture when she was on that woolen throw because i thought that the color scheme made her look even prettier.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ocho.jpg (97.6 KB, 61 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM

Re: Ocho

Gunner, what a nice story...it's late 03:00 a.m. but I will give it a go maybe tomorrow..I simply love cats :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2008, 08:41 PM
Patron

Very nice glow effects Gunner and thanks for sharing the story too. My cat doesn't meow either; he squeeks (I hope it's not because I had him neutered). lol

Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2008, 09:25 PM
Patron

Kewl pic Gunner
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ocho_8_OlBaldy.jpg (198.2 KB, 16 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-10-2008, 11:09 PM

Newbie Re: Ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkroll View Post
Very nice glow effects Gunner and thanks for sharing the story too. My cat doesn't meow either; he squeeks (I hope it's not because I had him neutered). lol

Maybe so. Our oldest male was neutered to early or something as he has a teeny bopper cats high pitched meow. All of ours are rescue cats. He found us on the night of Passover so we call him Elijah.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:58 AM

Gunner, nice to know there are people like you...some 17 years ago we adopted a rescue cat which shortly after gave birth to 5 kitten..at first I was a little afraid to find adopters for all of those, only to find that I didn't have enough kitties for the demand..we kept the first born, who is now getting 16 years old and is a sugar-cat (diabetic) since 5 years and needs lots of medical care (injections twice a day and such) He is a sweetheart and was neutered when he was 9 month old..and he does meow with a sort of kitty voice...sometimes we can have a conversation though...when I talk to him he responds :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2008, 07:40 AM

Our Tabby was a rescue cat as well, and after 15 years she still believes she chose us not the other way round

Palms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ocho.jpg (86.0 KB, 21 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amica999 View Post
Gunner, nice to know there are people like you...some 17 years ago we adopted a rescue cat which shortly after gave birth to 5 kitten..at first I was a little afraid to find adopters for all of those, only to find that I didn't have enough kitties for the demand..we kept the first born, who is now getting 16 years old and is a sugar-cat (diabetic) since 5 years and needs lots of medical care (injections twice a day and such) He is a sweetheart and was neutered when he was 9 month old..and he does meow with a sort of kitty voice...sometimes we can have a conversation though...when I talk to him he responds :-)
Sounds an awful lot like our Elijah. He talks to me in almost intelligible words, uh cat people will know what I mean. We have to give him fluids by needle every other day because of his kidney problem. We have managed to keep him alive and full of spunk for over 3 years with this. But he does look like a pile of bones with a pelt thrown over them.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
Our Tabby was a rescue cat as well, and after 15 years she still believes she chose us not the other way round

Palms
Don't they all allow us to live with them. But really he gives the best kind of love in return. Yes, cats do have their favorites and do have their routines.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post

Palms
This is the way they are, I mean cats. If you take a good care of your dog, the dog thinks he is a god, but a cat has different approach, she thinks she is a goddess and deserves good service. My cat is 13 years old, getting old but cute like never before, she meows and purrs and talks to us, like Amica’s cat.
Beautiful story Gunner, I would like to make a kind of portrait of your kitty, but my skills are still poor. Anyway I will try later in the evening.
I like 0lBaldy’s sketchy approach and Palms…how did you do it? I’m trying and trying and no luck to see even close results. Is this smudge paint combine with AHB? and what is the workflow? I’m lost……

Christine
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art