Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

ACTIONS, Photo-Art Photoshop ACTIONS: The Mother of all Collections

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2005, 04:05 PM

Thumbs down Last Chance Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyRaphael
Here's an example using the base image from Mini-challenge #9, "Last Chance."

The degree of graininess within the image and how much "non-colored border" is controlled by user applied brushstrokes once the action completes.

I have just recently joined this great forum. I'd like to show you what I have done with the "Last Chance" image and instructions that I followed---and then deviated from. Wish I would, wish I could say that I remember all of them. However without the basic instructions I never would have gotten the fional result, which pleases me no end. I only hope that the image that I finished and attach here shows up.

Thanks Danny,
gholmes1936@gmail.com
Austin, Texas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg last-chance2.jpg (77.4 KB, 330 views)
Old 04-09-2005, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholmes1936
I have just recently joined this great forum. I'd like to show you what I have done with the "Last Chance" image and instructions that I followed---and then deviated from. Wish I would, wish I could say that I remember all of them. However without the basic instructions I never would have gotten the fional result, which pleases me no end. I only hope that the image that I finished and attach here shows up.

Thanks Danny,
gholmes1936@gmail.com
Austin, Texas
George:

Your pic uploaded just fine and I can see why you were pleased with it. Congrats on your results and for having posted your first image at RetouchPRO. I hope there will be many more.

~Danny~
Old 04-13-2005, 01:57 PM

Thumbs down

That's a beautiful effect, Danny! Thanks for sharing
Old 05-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Talking Neat PS action

I'm a newbie so if you've seen this action before please excuse the ring. It's called the "Lomo" because it simulates the colorfully intense and retro coolness of the Russian Lomo camera. I've produced some fantastic pix with it and in combination with other actions. Hope this is interesting to you because I've had a blast with it, but then I think fireflies are interesting so good luck. Whoever came up with this one also did us a great service, because it's abso-freaking-cool.
Attached Files
File Type: zip LomoizeV2.zip (885 Bytes, 314 views)
Old 07-21-2005, 11:29 AM

Robert Anseli actions

Some of these are really cool.

http://www.chainstyle.com/freebies.html

~Danny~
Old 08-04-2005, 12:23 PM

Andy Worhol like 3x3 action

Mike: THANKS for the inspiration!

- - - - - -

It's been awhile since I was inspired to write an action, but when I saw the results of one written by Mike Warren recently (see this thread at DPReview), I had to give it a go.

My action, written using PS7 (I don't think it work work with PS6), will take an image of any size and create a 3x3 matrix, with each pane on a separate layer for a lot of creative flexibility.

Check out the attachments for a better idea of what I mean. If someone has CS or CS2, I'd like to know if it works with either.

Have fun...

~Danny~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ART Modern Art Flexible flowers.jpg (77.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg ART Modern Art Flexible.jpg (93.4 KB, 237 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip ART Modern Art Flexible.zip (3.8 KB, 236 views)
Old 08-04-2005, 01:10 PM

Smile Thank YOU Danny!

Danny,

You're Welcome and thanks for taking this to the next level! I wouldn't have had the drive and energy to make complex modifications to the Action (lost enough sleep on this as it was). I haven't tried your Action yet, but I'm sure it is well thought out and will run flawlessly as do all your Actions! Great idea, I can't wait to try it!

Mike

Quote:

- - - - - -

It's been awhile since I was inspired to write an action, but when I saw the results of one written by Mike Warren recently (see this thread at DPReview), I had to give it a go.

My action, written using PS7 (I don't think it work work with PS6), will take an image of any size and create a 3x3 matrix, with each pane on a separate layer for a lot of creative flexibility.

Check out the attachments for a better idea of what I mean. If someone has CS or CS2, I'd like to know if it works with either.

Have fun...

~Danny~
Old 08-04-2005, 02:04 PM

I'm Back!

Danny,

I ran your Action and I was right. It was well thought out and ran flawlessly!

Thanks again!

Mike

[QUOTE=mikew714]Danny,

You're Welcome and thanks for taking this to the next level! I wouldn't have had the drive and energy to make complex modifications to the Action (lost enough sleep on this as it was). I haven't tried your Action yet, but I'm sure it is well thought out and will run flawlessly as do all your Actions! Great idea, I can't wait to try it!
Old 10-06-2005, 08:09 PM

Question actions from Danny

What is the difference between the 7-7a and 7b action set found on this site. I downloaded all of them and would like to know if they are the same.
I also have v6.
thank you
Old 10-06-2005, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydelle
What is the difference between the 7-7a and 7b action set found on this site. I downloaded all of them and would like to know if they are the same.
I also have v6.
thank you
7a and b are minor revisions (corrections, mostly) to 7. 7b is the most current.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:33 AM

Quote:

- - - - - -

Have fun...

~Danny~
Hi Danny,
Now i have worked out how to reply to you and send, even put some pics in the gallery....takes a while but i get there eventually!!!

Love this action...do you have a tutorial for it as i like to change the hues and sats to my liking...can do it manually now but would like an action with it already done...if possible!!!

Will try send you an example of what i did to your action...hope you aprove!!!

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ART Modern Art Flexible8.jpg (65.2 KB, 139 views)
Old 12-01-2005, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriciakay
Love this action...do you have a tutorial for it as i like to change the hues and sats to my liking...can do it manually now but would like an action with it already done...if possible!!!

Will try send you an example of what i did to your action...hope you approve!!!
Glad you like it. It was fun to write.

There is no tutorial; it's pretty much "experiment" and see what you can do.

Some may not realize that one can customize any of the rectangles by opening (double-clicking on) any of the corresponding adjustment layers and changing the settings.

One can also modify the action to apply one's favorite default colors and/or adjustment layer settings.

Does this help or did I not understand your question?

~Danny~
Old 12-01-2005, 01:58 PM

Smile

Hello Danny,
Thanks for the reply. i went into all the boxes, took off the frame first and then the middle one,then i just went down the list changing the levels first and then looking into each and tweaking a bit to see what i could do, its fun and i was happy with the result, thanks again for that...soon when i do a good action i will post it to you...so little time so much to with my photos!!!! I am on a learning curve every day and as i have only had photoshop a month theres a way to go...but i have had paintshop pro 9 for about a year so can do more in that program...
Enjoying retouchPro very much..

Kind regards Patricia Kay
Old 12-04-2005, 08:07 AM

Patricia Kay, I'm glad you bumped this thread up. I had missed it, and Mike & Danny are two of my "Action Heroes" Can hardly wait to try these!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:27 AM

Hi to all,
Its a really great Action that danny did, Cathrine and so much fun to do...i am sending yet another example from it...hope ya all like!!!

Kind regards Patricia Kay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ART Modern Art Flexible poppy+color2color.jpg (41.8 KB, 106 views)