RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Deer

Old 06-24-2009, 08:47 PM

Re: Deer

Great wildlife pictures. Cropped, Cranked up the color, softened a bit and gave an edging.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deer.jpg (97.6 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2009, 11:09 PM

I'm jealous! In Phoenix, we never look out in our backyards and see things like this. I think the cactus are melting today.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2009, 11:49 PM

Well B, Arizona is awesome and I spent some time in Phoenix and it's a bit scary. All that drug cartel and the highest kidnap rate in the country by far. I am askaird of what you might see out your back door
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 PM

It's funny -- I was shocked when I heard that the kidnap rate was so high. It's all in the illegal immigration/drug circle. Normal people who live and work in normal neighborhoods only hear about it on the news. My backyard is perfectly safe, but too hot to be interesting or enjoyed.

Phoenix is heaven in the winter, but you have to drive for about 2 hours to enjoy the outdoors in the summer. Then you can take pictures of deer if you are patient. I shattered my ankle a couple years ago trying to snap a pic of an elk. My shoe slid, the elk ran away and I got a blurry picture of the dirt on my way down. I didn't drop the camera though! I keep that photo on my computer to remind me of an otherwise perfect day.
Becky
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 AM

I spent a lot of time in Sedona, the Oak Creek Canyon, then fell in love with the town of Jerome. Spent a few nights in a BandB called the Ghost City Inn, owned by the town sheriff and his wife. That was a cool, cool place.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 12:25 AM

Oak Creek Canyon, with it's famous red rocks, is a photographers dream, especially if you get off the beaten path. Would love to do some hiking there (if I could hike). Haven't been to Jerome since I was a teen - won't say how many years that's been! People forget that AZ has some really old towns. The western-most Civil War battle was fought here at Picacho Peak. Now that I'm enjoying photography, I'd love to revisit some of those old towns.

Last edited by bpurvis; 06-25-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 12:43 AM

I was born and raised in Daytona, but my heart is now in Montana and only the fact that my family is all here keeps me, so I travel ALOT and Az is another fav for me. The windy, switch-back road from Jerome, through the granite dales and into prescott is unreal. When you get a chance look at my flickr storage. You will see a piece I did on a little church through there. Jerome has such a rich history it's unreal. The state is so deverse. From those canyons into sweeping flat landscapes. Wow!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 12:59 AM

That switchback can be heart-stopping. Better hope your breaks are in great shape! The church pics were cool. You're making me want to go back to Jerome. A 15 year old wasn't nearly ready to appreciate the history.

Have you ever taken the drive along the Mogollon Rim (a little NE of Payson)? There's a dirt road that follows the rim with a string of jewel-like lakes. Incredible vistas - you can see forever. If you're ever in the area again, I highly recommend it. Early morning is great, the evening is even better. Arizona has some of the best sunsets in the world. Must say -- it's a endless, bumpy road with a broken ankle, but otherwise, not to be missed!

I think we hijacked the deer thread. Sorry.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 01:01 AM

Lovely pics and great versions by all.Here's mine , done with Fractalius and Buzz Pro.

Thanks
Grant
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deer-rt.jpg (99.3 KB, 18 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-25-2009, 05:42 PM

Way too many layers. Not sure what I was going for. Not terribly pleased with what I got.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deer-edit-reduced.jpg (196.6 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art