RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Gallery: Lynda Logan

Old 05-31-2002, 10:09 PM

Gallery: Lynda Logan

I became interested in Photo Art a few months ago. After playing with it a while I became hooked. I have an Ablum in my Gallery that is nothing but photo art. I have used Buzzpro, Virtural Painter and a few tutorials for these images. Comments are greatly appreciated. I want to learn.

http://www.pbase.com/lglogan/artistry[/URL]

Smiles,
Lynda
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2002, 11:40 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
I want to learn.
Lynda... You have done some beautiful work. It will be many of us who can learn from you. I'll bet some of your BW images would make great "art" too, i.e., the Eiffel Tower pics.

You mentioned studying a few tutorials in your post. If these are on the internet, it would be terrific if you could post links to them.

Thank you so much for sharing. I'm sure I speak for many in saying I hope you're a regular contributor to this forum and share more of your elegant artwork.

~DannyR~

Last edited by DannyRaphael; 05-31-2002 at 11:49 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 12:33 AM

Danny,

Thank you so much. I am glad you enjoyed the gallery.

The turtorials I used are by David Rowley. The Pen & Ink Turtorial is the best I have found. The other one is the Olde World Look that I used on the Gyeongbokgung Palace image.

Pen & Ink:
http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutori...sland-cafe.htm

Olde World Look:
http://www.davrodigital.co.uk/tutorials/stow/stow.htm

Smiles,
Lynda
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 01:02 AM

Hi Lynda,

I love your gallery! I want to learn too. I too used the first link to initally try the watercolor techinque. I have not tried Buzzpro - did you use it on any of these picutures?

Lisa
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 01:21 AM

Lisa,

Yes, I used Buzzpro on 'Flowers in watercolor' and 'Violets in watercolor'. I must say Buzzpro is my favorite watercolor filter.

Smiles,
Lynda
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 10:48 AM

Hi Lynda,

Thanks for sharing your gallery with us! I enjoyed looking through what you've done.

I think my favorite is "Violets in Watercolor." That one seems so realistic as a water color to me and I love the play of the light and shadow on the flowers.

I also really like the Lighthouse. And the Colosso & Arch, though if it were me, I would have probably tried to clone out some of the modern vehicles and some of the people (esp. ones that looked especially modern, i.e. carrying backpacks.) But the effect you got on this one - plus the lighting make this a really neat image!!

Thanks for sharing the links too. You'll see a very long discussion of "discoveries" as many of us tried working with David Rowley's Island Cafe tutorial. (Maybe you already read through that thread?) I find that taking a tutorial and then trying to expand/modify it is not only satisfying as a creative endeavor, it can produce some wonderful realistic-looking art.

I'm glad you joined in this discussion as some of us try our hand at this. And thanks again for sharing your gallery.

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 08:53 PM

I have to echo the other sentiments on your work. Very beautiful Lynda. Thank you for sharing it. You are so talented. I don't know how Jeanie managed to pick a favorite. They are all so pretty. The violets are stunning though.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-01-2002, 09:53 PM

I just want to say thank you to everyone. I am over whelmed. I spend a lot of time - no make that most of my time at my computer or with camera in hand. All my photography is done with digital cameras. My new baby is a CP5000. The more I learn the more I want to learn. I am self taught and most of my knowledge is from forums and books. I truly appreciate your comments.

Smiles,
Lynda
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2002, 06:44 AM

Just had to check out your gallery after all the praise and I must say that I'm impressed!

I think my favourite has to be the oil and emboss of the Trevi fountain - any chance of explaining how you did this? It looks like a cleaner and more detailed version of pen and ink that you have also done. Very nice.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-02-2002, 07:51 AM

Mike,

The oil emboss is a filter in Photo Brush version 1.7. Unfortunately it is not in the new version 1.95. I wrote Mediachance about this and they did say they were going to try to add it to the next version. It is a great filter and it is a shame it is not in the current version.

Smiles,
Lynda
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art