RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Oil painting effects and discussions

Old 06-06-2002, 08:58 AM

Photo Brush link

Here's a link to the Photo Brush application Lynda mentioned in her previous post. I'd not heard of this one before. Perhaps others have not heard of it either.

A 30-day, fully functional demo is available (per the site) along with a manual in .PDF format.

~DannyR~
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-17-2004, 10:03 AM

You all seem to be moving away from the sea. Still, here is my contribution for whatever it is worth. "Converted" night to day (if that is possible) and used an impressionist filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sea--3.jpg (87.5 KB, 33 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-07-2004, 12:17 AM

I worked up a technique a few days ago that I think (as a non-artist) gives a nice oil-painting like feel. I did this in Elements2 with only the std filters. I'll post the "how to" soon in a separate threat, probably in the photoart tutorials. (Here's my tutorial )

I've had very good results using this on all (the few) images I've tried it on so far (with only minor tweaking each time). Here I added a Hue/Sat. adj. layer to the top to make it greener and somewhat darker, hopefully in spirt with the tone Blacknight used starting this thread. Hope you all like it.

Lots of good work here. I espcially like Vikki's "dark" version & vote for it as the best oil mimic posted here so far.

-Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg angrysea_green_oil.jpg (75.9 KB, 23 views)

Last edited by SWEngineer; 12-11-2004 at 01:57 AM. Reason: adding link how-to
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-08-2004, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWEngineer
I worked up a technique a few days ago that I think (as a non-artist) gives a nice oil-painting like feel. I did this in Elements2 with only the std filters. I'll post the "how to" soon in a separate threat, probably in the photoart tutorials.

I've had very good results using this on all (the few) images I've tried it on so far (with only minor tweaking each time). Here I added a Hue/Sat. adj. layer to the top to make it greener and somewhat darker, hopefully in spirt with the tone Blacknight used starting this thread. Hope you all like it.

Lots of good work here. I espcially like Vikki's "dark" version & vote for it as the best oil mimic posted here so far.

-Mark
I'm glad you revived this thread, Mark. I'd forgotten how much I liked Vikki's method. A "how to" on your technique would be most welcome and I look forward to seeing it.

Thanks.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art