RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

How to get this colour

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-06-2010, 06:27 AM
sergio2263's Avatar
sergio2263 sergio2263 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 612
How to get this colour

I came across this painting when I opened my Painter 11. I like this colour very much sort of sepia i'm not sure. Please can someone tell me how this colour is achieved?


Many thanks in advance


helen

http://reneblom.com/ny/pic/ReneBlom-Tina.jpg
Reply With Quote top
  #2  
Old 06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
sylvia1065's Avatar
sylvia1065 sylvia1065 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,152
Re: How to get this colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
I came across this painting when I opened my Painter 11. I like this colour very much sort of sepia i'm not sure. Please can someone tell me how this colour is achieved?
Many thanks in advance
helen

http://reneblom.com/ny/pic/ReneBlom-Tina.jpg
Hmm, can't you just clone this color? That's what I do when I like a particular one...
Sylvia
Reply With Quote top
  #3  
Old 06-06-2010, 03:40 PM
sergio2263's Avatar
sergio2263 sergio2263 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 612
Thumbs up Re: How to get this colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia1065 View Post
Hmm, can't you just clone this color? That's what I do when I like a particular one...
Sylvia
Thanks very much Sylvia I never thought about cloning the colour sound good I shall give it a try. That Artist is so good i've checked her website. I am new to Painter it will take me a millions years to achieve her standard.
Reply With Quote top
  #4  
Old 06-06-2010, 04:02 PM
sylvia1065's Avatar
sylvia1065 sylvia1065 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Thailand
Posts: 1,152
Re: How to get this colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio2263 View Post
Thanks very much Sylvia I never thought about cloning the colour sound good I shall give it a try. That Artist is so good i've checked her website. I am new to Painter it will take me a millions years to achieve her standard.
Glad I could help LOL

I bet it took her years to learn too!

There's a great free little program to pick colors anywhere on your screen:
http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

Sylvia
Reply With Quote top
  #5  
Old 06-07-2010, 02:02 AM
sergio2263's Avatar
sergio2263 sergio2263 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London
Posts: 612
Thumbs up Re: How to get this colour

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvia1065 View Post
Glad I could help LOL

I bet it took her years to learn too!

There's a great free little program to pick colors anywhere on your screen:
http://www.iconico.com/colorpic/

Sylvia
Yes looks like it has and practices make perfect shame she doesn't have any DVD tutorials.
Reply With Quote top
Reply

  RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
eyedropper picks up background colour Sveltepig Photoshop Help 7 10-01-2009 12:13 PM
Overall colour cast gamedonechanged Photo Retouching 6 08-28-2009 02:55 AM
Color Management: How to specify Colour Dewcal Input/Output/Workflow 6 11-21-2008 09:55 AM
colour management issues - printing Sveltepig Input/Output/Workflow 7 03-04-2008 01:54 AM
Painting using the white colour swatch pls help sergio2263 Photo Retouching 3 02-21-2008 08:36 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2016 Doug Nelson. All Rights Reserved