Cool; I can play. lol

How about a Gravure this time.

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/5...vapainting.png
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 02:09 AM

Re: Help me make a gift..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_cz View Post
Hi Palms, pleasure is mine. Thank you for showing me more of smudge painting. It looks very great!

I especially like crackle finish looking like old oil paint finish. I assume it is another PS plug-in? Looks great with new background!

Did you use regular smudge tool like one in PS or did you use plug-in?

I have a feeling that combination of traditional tools and plug-ins might be way to go if you use PS.

I can see how all that hair can make it more difficult to work with. ;-)

Thanks Charles
Yes i used the ps smudge tool, the cracked finish is another texture ( sorry i should of mentioned that )
and another yes i think we all use a combination of tools and plug ins /filters, which can be different combinations for each image

here is a smudge that i made using a andalusian horse

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles_cz View Post
Hi DannyRaphael, thank you for your images. Nice to see another approach. Did you do anything to horse or just background?
My pleasure... fun pic to work with. In these examples I isolated the horse (top layer) and modified the background only.

- - - - -

Palms... nice work on the smudges. Esp like the backgrounds... very "(U.S.) Western" look.

- - - - -

Another look with some texture...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RP horse painted chalkdetail opaque stroke.jpg (130.5 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms View Post
Yes i used the ps smudge tool, the cracked finish is another texture ( sorry i should of mentioned that )
and another yes i think we all use a combination of tools and plug ins /filters, which can be different combinations for each image

here is a smudge that i made using a andalusian horse

Palms
Great image Palms! Nice job.
I almost like converted smudge version on you Flickr better. They are both great though.

Last edited by Charles_cz; 04-26-2011 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Great smudging, as always, Palms. Here's one using Fractalius on find all edges and result sharpened in Fractalius.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nova_Painting 3 RP.jpg (96.6 KB, 15 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 02:55 PM

Thank you Danny,Pat and Charles

here is something different, just messing around

Palms
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nova_Painting-Black-and-whi.jpg (77.0 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 PM

Hey Charles! I'd like to show you my fav alltime image of a horse. I first saw it a few years ago and have never forgotten it. If it has the look you want, then I may be able to help you because I happen to know that it was altered with Textures, Flypaper Textures to be specific. There is just something about that pic that I adore!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerla-brakkee/4489429732/

Your image is also a beutifully shot horse portrait. Hope you can figure out what to do with all the great advice here.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Kit View Post
Hey Charles! I'd like to show you my fav alltime image of a horse. I first saw it a few years ago and have never forgotten it. If it has the look you want, then I may be able to help you because I happen to know that it was altered with Textures, Flypaper Textures to be specific. There is just something about that pic that I adore!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gerla-brakkee/4489429732/

Your image is also a beutifully shot horse portrait. Hope you can figure out what to do with all the great advice here.
Hi Just Kit, it looks great! I would be definitely interested in post processing details if you don't mind. You can just PM me unless it will be useful to others. It's probably obvious for other experienced people around here how it was done. I am eager to learn!

Also if interested I will be happy to provide more pictures in future to "play" with. We are expecting foal in few days. It'll be a lot of fun and a lot of opportunities to take pictures. I hope foaling will be without problems.

Thanks Charles
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM

Charles..What I meant by " I think I can help you" , is that I recognize the use of Flypaper Textures on the image I linked to. I'm no expert on use of textures but if you go to the Flypaper site there is page after page of recipes for using their textures. You just mouse over the images and you can see what it looks like with the textures applied. Also, right under each image is a tutorial on which textures were used and how to do it in detail. You might see the look you are after just by looking through their images. If you don't want to buy those particular ones to use, you can get ones that are similar on Flicker for free. (high rez ones also!)

It takes a lot of experimenting, just drag a texture over your image and change the blend modes to see what you like, then mask it off the horse with a white brush on the layer mask filled with black. This is the most basic explaination... because the sky is the limit and you can use every tool in photoshop to play around and make textures look how you want.. but it will give you a start if you check out the flypaper tutorials.. Here is the link:

[URL="http://flypapertextures.blogspot.com/"]http://flypapertextures.blogspot.com/[/URL

good luck!]
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2011, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Kit View Post
Charles..What I meant by " I think I can help you" , is that I recognize the use of Flypaper Textures on the image I linked to.
Got it! Thank you..
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art