Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Virtual Painter no more?!?

Old 01-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Virtual Painter no more?!?

It looks Virtual Painter is not longer available. The site has pages missing. The store no longer works. I tried to log into my account with them, but the login link leads nowhere. Also, I emailed them 3 days ago and have heard nothing back.

Here's a remaining page if you want to poke around: . But the place seems dead.

Some info about the company:

P. & A. America, Inc. was established in Los Angeles, CA, July 2000. Our parent company, P. & A., Inc. is a Japanese company taking care of the licensing, localization, production, promotion and distribution of software for the Japanese market. P. & A. America, Inc. takes care, with our partners, of the licensing and distribution of software in various markets around the world.

The Author
Taka Umemura, the author of Virtual Painter was born in 1962, Tokyo. You can see his work at
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-08-2012, 10:57 AM
Re: Virtual Painter no more?!?

VP was one of the first plugins I ever bought. Still like the "oil painting" effect which has more of a watercolor look to me. Triangles and Rectangles are fun to play with too. None of the other effects ever did that much for me.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art