RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Photo-Art

Old 08-14-2014, 06:19 AM

Photo-Art

Hello,
For those that use software to turn their images into digital paintings, what program(s) do you use? The software suggestions I am looking for are those that do the painting for you, however, you are able to change the parameters giving you input into the process and the final look of the photo-art.
I would like comments from people who are using the software and why they like it. When it comes to painting, I would enjoy the final outcome without needing the talent to paint it myself, I have enough frustration in my life already....lol. Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 12:03 AM

Re: Photo-Art

I use Akvis.com programs. They have a program to do & get just the results you are looking for. They offer a 10 day trial period so you can experience the program before buying. They provide tutorials, result examples, and provide excellent service and updates. Check out their forum site for user Gallery samples and fun contest that offer programs and discounts prizes.

They have great parameter settings & presets, once you get a look you like, you can save that preset.
Akvis.com is a site worth visiting, I think they can fill your needs…. enjoy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 AM
RetouchPRO LIVE Guest Artist
Patron

Changing photos into artwork (and otherwise heavily post-processing them) is one of my favorite things to do! But as someone who doesn't wish to paint every stroke manually yet desires that sort of control when necessary, my top suggestion would be PostworkShop (download the PDF tutorial), followed by Snap Art.

Here are two examples from PostworkShop; you can see others for both plug-ins in the links above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pws1.jpg (146.1 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg pws2.jpg (99.6 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 07:15 AM

Thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate your taking the time to respond. I will go over the plugins mentioned to see what they offer. What appeals to one may not appeal to another because of the subjectivity involved. The idea of Photo-Art appeals to me because it will be as close as I will likely come to actually painting. Because I am doing this for myself I am the only one I need satisfy as opposed to doing something like this commercially. Thank you again for your help.

Tim
https://www.flickr.com/photos/44673530@N04/
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 12:10 PM
Patron

You're welcome Tim! You've got some really nice fine art photography in your gallery. Are you using QuickMats for framing?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 09:00 PM

Thank you for the kind words regarding my images. Most of the frames came with PSP X6 and I had added a few 3rd party frames as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plugsnpixels View Post
You're welcome Tim! You've got some really nice fine art photography in your gallery. Are you using QuickMats for framing?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-16-2014, 09:35 PM
Patron

You're welcome! Thanks for the follow-up.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art