|Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques|
| ||Thread Tools|
Photo-art on Faces
This image is being posted as a demonstration of what's possible with Photoshop actions.
1. Ran Amateur Painter action TWICE on the original image
2. Copied unaltered version of the picture (not posted) into the image, creating a new layer.
3. Ran Glowing Edges filter (1,16,9); inverted and desaturated the result for a line drawing effect.
4. Created Levels adjustment layer and tweaked sliders to remove a lot of the midtone noise.
5. Merged Levels and Glowing Edges layers.
6. Set Glowing Edges layer blend mode to Multiply; adjusted opacity to give the image a little more detail.
7. Ran Crosshatch filter (9,10,1) against the Glowing Edges layer for a more sketchy look.
8. Flattened image.
9. Applied Texturizer filter (PS7 texture preset: "Rust Flakes") to give the image a little more texture. Scaling 50, Relief 4.
With thanks to David for the inspiration, I hope this gives your new found sport a shove in a positive direction.
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 11-15-2002 at 03:05 PM.
The original image
The "painting" is based on this image.
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 10-30-2002 at 07:35 PM.
Don't do this to me, you know I go to school all day on Wed and come home to relax, and then there is another great effect to try.
Anyway, I tried this on my Dads pic, he has had a stroke and it really shows on photos but this effect really hides it. I like what it did to the hat. The pic had already had the median action run on it.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #70 – Hank’s Rose||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||97||12-15-2009 11:19 PM|
|PHOTO ART: Mini-challenge #52 – Chicago Skyline||DannyRaphael||Photo Art Mini-Challenges||59||07-13-2009 09:35 AM|
|Photo Art Photoshop Actions: Oil Painting||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||0||09-13-2002 10:04 PM|
|PHOTO ART: Photoshop Trace Contour filter||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||0||07-20-2002 02:30 PM|
|TUTORIALS, Photo-Art Tutorials (links)||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||0||07-03-2002 06:09 PM|