Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Hey, Photo-art newbie: Rate the Photo-art forum

View Poll Results: Those new (or fairly new) to the Photo Art Forum: How useful is THIS 'Best of' Forum?
Very, very valuable 79 49.69%
Very valuable / useful 52 32.70%
Valuable / useful 22 13.84%
Somewhat valuable / useful 2 1.26%
Limited value / usefulness 3 1.89%
Sorry, but I did not find it useful at all. 1 0.63%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2012, 06:12 PM
Re: Hey, Photo-art newbie: Rate the Photo-art foru

What else can be said about this site/forum that hasn't already be mentioned? A BIG THANKS!!! to everyone... where else can you share the experiences & skills with others from around the World, certainly not from any book? I too have bought "many" books to improve my PS skills but they just don't do it for me. I'm a "show me" type of person, learning from others will help me grow & learn more than any book can offer! Can't wait to start scratching at the surface of this forum and getting more deeply involved & creative. Again, Best site ever!!
Danny, is there a category where the members can post other "goodies" that they have found and can share with other members who also may have an interest in? I not only like to learn, I like to share & pass on info that I have found that has help me in my efforts in the creative process and enjoy helping others when I can.
Let the learning process begin......cre8
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Re: Hey, Photo-art newbie: Rate the Photo-art foru

Depending on subject matter sometimes I'm a "show me" kind of guy for example I'm really liking the videos illustrating the features of PS CS6; on the other hand sometimes I do better with written explanations or instructions for example the nuts and bolts of the Image > Calculations command. In any event it's nice to have so many resources and options here and via the Internet.

re: Sharing this/that
For photo-art related topics/tools/tidbits, this is a good place to share your golden nuggets and pearls of wisdom:

For other topics I'd suggest going to a particular forum or subforum (see attachment for some possibilities) and just start a thread.For example in the Tools > Software forum you could start a new thread titled something like Favorite Photoshop keyboard shortcuts or whatever...

Not to worry... if you guess really wrong on where to start a particular thread, one of the moderators will move it to a more appropriate place. Free of charge! No big deal. That's why Doug (the site owner/admin) pays us the big bucks. (LOL)

I look forward to benefiting from your experiences and expertise. We can all definitely learn from one another.

Hope this helps...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RP Forum Index screen grab.jpg (78.9 KB, 4 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art