RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Painter 7 again?!?

Old 12-26-2002, 04:49 PM

Painter 7 again?!?

Arghhhhhhhhh....I wish I didn't like the results of this program so much. This took all of 10 minutes...

http://www.jackzucker.com/images/caribbean2.jpg
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2002, 04:58 PM

Jaz - what version of Photoshop do you use for your 'pixel paint art'? Although no painter, Photoshop 7 has some nice new brush options.

Then there are plugs like DeepPaint etc.

I like the idea of the old FractalDesign vector paint tool, what was it called 'expression'?

There are other apps and options too, but not really being into this field I don't know much about it. <g>

I wonder how the older versions of Painter would behave with your setup - it has gone through some changes and software makers over time.

Stephen Marsh.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2002, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen M
Jaz - what version of Photoshop do you use for your 'pixel paint art'? Although no painter, Photoshop 7 has some nice new brush options.

Then there are plugs like DeepPaint etc.

I like the idea of the old FractalDesign vector paint tool, what was it called 'expression'?

There are other apps and options too, but not really being into this field I don't know much about it. <g>

I wonder how the older versions of Painter would behave with your setup - it has gone through some changes and software makers over time.

Stephen Marsh.
Hey Stephen,

I have photoshop 7. I really like it's new brush engine but even that is a toy compared to Painter 7. I tried DeepPaint but it installed itself in the wrong directory. I could have simply moved the files into the proper directory but I was in a bad mood and decided I didn't feel like messing with a $250 program that couldn't install itself right the first time.

I haven't tried any other vector or fractal or pixel paint programs...

I'm almost wondering if I should keep painter and never save...i.e. I could just copy to the clipboard and save from another program such as ACDSee or Photoshop...

Jaz
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2002, 07:12 PM

Jaz
Very nice painted effect. You definately are getting nice results with Painter 7.0 even though you have to fight with it at times..

I think you hit upon a lot of the problems with painter 7.0.. I just got a wacom intuos and loaded Painter Classic..I was having all sorts of problems with my 4 megapixel photos such as lockups and protection faults..When I reduced the size, as you did in your other thread, I have no problems.. Keep swinging..Now I have to decide if I want to take the $149 plunge.

Jerry
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-26-2002, 07:15 PM

Thanks Jerry. If I could get them to agree to give me the Painter 8 upgrade for free, I might consider keeping it. I'll call them next week. I have 30 days to decide.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2002, 07:00 PM

Painter 7.01 update applied?

Jack:

Meant to post this a couple days ago when you first reported frustrations with Painter 7, but got distracted with the Christmas blur and all that.

If you haven't applied the 7.01 update, perhaps doing so will iron out a few wrinkles.

Painter 7.01 update - http://www.procreate.com/go/painter_update/index.html

RP Painter thread of (potential) interest: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...hlight=painter

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art