Forgot the Blend modes.
And it makes quite a difference. So here they are :
1. with Color Range, Lasso and Magic Wand, I've selected four parts (sky, mountains, water and boat) and put them on different layers.
2. on the sky layer (blend mode - Normal) : used Adjustment layers to get the color and contrast : Hue/Saturation, Levels, Brightness/Contrast.
3. on the mountains (blend mode - Normal) : just Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.
4. on the water layer (blend mode - Normal) : dup layer + Anisotropic (blend mode - Normal) ; dup this layer + Dry Brush (blend mode - Color Dodge at 57%) ; Hue/Saturation Adjustment layer.
5. on the boat layer : dup layer + Solarize (blend mode - Overlay at 50%) ; dup this layer + Chalk & Charcoal (blend mode - Color Burn at 50%).
6. flattened image.
7. added Levels and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers on top of all that to get a bit more contrast.
Hi, Andrew. I like the colors, too. As for the filters, I had used Anisotropic + Dry Brush on water before but the combination that surprised me is the Solarize filter (that I never had used before) plus the Chalk & Charcoal filter. They give more volume to the boat. I was trying lot's of things and got lucky with this one.
Where's that darn lighthouse when you need it????
This started out to be a watercolor, but it went terribly, terribly wrong. So I ended up with our little boat out at sea in a bad storm.
Great submissions from everyone! Great mini-challenge!
A watercolor for a water picture . . .
Adjusted levels to brighten the image
Mike Finn's Hydro action
added solid color adjustment layer & painted with wet brush
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative interpretations: Boat at Marbury Park||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||38||07-25-2014 09:04 PM|
|Creative Interpretations - Venice Boat||Swampy||Photo-Based Art||40||01-18-2010 11:30 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Fire Boat||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||11||02-27-2007 09:39 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Boat on a Lake at Sunset||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||15||09-24-2004 11:52 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Boat, Bridge and Waterfrontridge||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||9||12-29-2003 07:44 AM|