Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Happy Birthday Photo-based Art Forum!

Old 05-30-2003, 08:22 PM
Cool Happy Birthday Photo-based Art Forum!

On May 31, 2003, this forum was one year old.

See attachment for a special cake image.

Thanks to Jeannie, Vikki, Mike and Jak and Lisa for engaging in those photo-art discussions back in 2002, which prompted Doug to add another room onto the house.

It's been a blast ever since, despite an occasional speed bump. It goes with the territory.

A HUGE thanks to Phyllis Stewart, who manages the mini-challenges and is so generous with her feedback.

Likewise a heartfelt thanks to each of you who contributes images, tutorials, "how to's," ideas and questions. Without that, this site is nothing but highly functional software spinning around empty on a hard disk somewhere.

And of course, "Thanks, Doug," for all you have done and continue to do for so many.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

For the benefit of prospective new members down the line, use this thread to share some of the things you enjoy about the Photo-based Art forum, things you've learned, etc.

What keeps you coming back?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

It's a privilege being the moderator and engaging so many kind hearted, talented folks.

I'm looking forward to year II.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hbpaf-djr.jpg (98.7 KB, 27 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Art Tag

In addition to all the wonderful aspects of this forum, I really enjoy Art Tag when it rolls around. It's a lot of fun to see how the images change with each user! I've "watched" several matches and even done a couple myself and really do enjoy them a lot.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2003, 02:16 AM
When I found this site last summer, I was only interested in retouching and restoration, since that's what I offer (among other things) on my web site ( ...pardon the plug ) Then I discovered Danny's new photo art forum, and really got hooked! I never imagined so much art could be created directly from photos on a computer. I have been an addict ever since, and I thank Danny for introducing me to this wonderful pastime.

I still love the retouching questions and challenges as well, and look forward to those when I'm in the mood to work a bit harder.

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-31-2003, 05:54 AM
Danny you write:
share some of the things you enjoy about the Photo-based Art forum, things you've learned, etc.
I enjoy the ability to express a creative side of me that has always been there trying to get out.

Now things I haved learned! That would take a whole page and then some.

Why do I come back???
To learn and enjoy the company of a very nice group of talented people.

To any new person who has come to this site ---- get ready for that creative side to take over!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art