RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Red Maple Leaves - Scanned

Old 07-14-2006, 04:23 PM

steve,

it could be made into a script on part of it, but the warping and clean up would be very difficult to do when you applied the script to other images. the warping in particular just wouldnt match up. in fact, even the placement of the individual leaves wouldnt really match up either, especially since i used the 'pick' tool to rotate here and there and move here and there and pinch here and there. sometimes, i'm afraid, there's just no substitute for the grunge work

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-15-2006, 08:23 AM

I was just sorta mulling it over in my head re. the scripting. But sometimes I think more things should be made interactive in PSP scripts. One would be layer adjustments for instance. Maybe in ver. 11.

Have recently begun working with Photoshop 6 as a backup to PSP. I don't intend to try to learn that beast, just the parts that I use most in PSP, like plugins or scripts, (actions in PS.) My numero uno will still be PSP.

I found a beautiful action for PS that converts images to resemble Currier and Ives lithographs. Really a nice one.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraellin
steve,

it could be made into a script on part of it, but the warping and clean up would be very difficult to do when you applied the script to other images. the warping in particular just wouldnt match up. in fact, even the placement of the individual leaves wouldnt really match up either, especially since i used the 'pick' tool to rotate here and there and move here and there and pinch here and there. sometimes, i'm afraid, there's just no substitute for the grunge work

craig
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 AM

steve,

understood re the scripts and also about the interaction. i've really not played much with scripts. i did have a go a while back but found the results in most of them i didnt really care for. i did alter one and save it as my own, but i still dont hardly even use that one. i also played around with the 'user defined filter', but that one is even worse.... too much math for me

photoshop 6, huh....hmmm, i feel betrayed! actually, i have access to ps cs2 from time to time, but i feel no great compulsion to rush out and buy it. i do refer to it when the photoshop folks are talking tech terms and techniques just so i can 'translate' into psp. but i like psp. i like the simplicity of it and even some of the tools are better in my opinion. if it wasnt for the large price tag i might get it, but i really dont think i'd use it as my default editor. i think i'd mostly use it to follow flora's techniques and then go over to psp and do it there

craig
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art