It was nice of you to add some detail about your pic. Someone sent it to me in e-mail sometime ago and attributed it to you, and I thought it would be a worthy one for folks here to arty-ize. Thanks for offering your other pics.
My watercolor effect
This time i used --
Layer 1--Original layer -
Duplicate L1 -median 45, vivid light.
Dup L1- smart blur,edgesonly, invert, gblur,usm,multiply blend.
Dup L1-cutout filter, difference blend, play with HSL (lightness -90 or so) till you get approx same colors as original.
Select all, copy merged, paste.
Jaykita Watercolor-A setting (check the "Impressionist plug-ins Custom Styles" thread), brush size 35%, median5, opac63.
Merge, virtualpainter watercolor opac53.
Merge. Handpainted a few white patches with low opac watercolor brush.
Texture sandstone 4, top.
Speaking of "try, try, try"... You have inspired me once again...
* After downloading your lovely interpretation, did a Select > All, Edit > Create pattern (the WOW technique)
* Created a new layer and filled it with white to serve as a background
* Created a new layer onto which I tried various Wow watercolor pattern stamp brush presets to get an overlapping brushstroke effect that characterizes some watercolor styles.
* Duplicated the original BG and copied it to the top of the layer stack and added a Hide All layer mask.
* Restored a little detail by airbrushing white on the layer mask.
* Added Levels and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers to fine tune contrast and saturation.
* Flattened and added a little Unsharp Mask to bring out some brushstroke characteristics.
In this case I believe I obliterated too much detail with my not-so-consistent Wow brushstrokes. One with better brush control and more patience than me would get better results. But I liked the general direction.
Experimenting can be so educational. This is why when I'm in "try it" mode I try to keep track of what I'm doing just in case it "comes out good"!
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 11-19-2004 at 12:44 PM.
Hi Danny, I think your watercolor is so much better than mine! Lovely glowing colors, a typical watercolor effect! Keep up the good work!
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative interpretations: Flowers - Roses on a Table||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||42||10-27-2007 12:21 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Butterfly in Flowers||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||28||03-01-2007 05:59 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Flowers - Upside down (Singularity)||singularity||Photo-Based Art||20||02-25-2005 09:01 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Flowers - Tulips eye View||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||10||12-30-2004 05:58 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Flowers - Bird of Paradise 2||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||4||07-06-2004 04:31 PM|