RetouchPRO

RetouchPRO (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/)
-   Photo-Based Art (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-based-art/)
-   -   Creative interpretations: Pool among Buildings (http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/photo-based-art/8360-creative-interpretations-pool-among-buildings.html)

DannyRaphael 06-06-2004 12:18 PM

Creative interpretations: Pool among Buildings

1 Attachment(s)
Cool photo by J. Simonds.

Have fun...

~Danny~

jch71566 06-07-2004 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the geometric compositions in this picture, so I chose to emphasize them.

1) Copy original layer & apply VP Triangles in overlay mode
2) Clean up Triangles layer to get desired effect
3) Merge
4) Cutout -- 8 levels
5) Reduce size

Voila!

-Jeff

DannyRaphael 06-07-2004 10:25 AM

Hey, Jeff...

VP Triangles was a good choice for this one. Glad to see your pic. We've missed your creativity of late.

~Danny~

DannyRaphael 06-10-2004 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My layers top to bottom:
* Hue/Saturation: Boost sat.
* Smart Blur / Edge Only + (Ctrl + I to invert) + Stylize > Diffuse > Anisotropic to soften the edges a bit. (Darken)
* Copy of Background. Used Select > Color Range: Shadows (to select shadows). Added a layer mask to reveal the shadow detail.
* Copy of Background + Impressionist Charcoal: Fine Scribbles (Background: Custom Color=white), Brush size ~ 140, Coverage ~ 80). These settings are approximations. I don't recall them exactly.

~Danny~

kiska 06-10-2004 12:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cropped a little
Desat buildings,sky,walkway.
Painter for strokes
PS - accented edges filter
Select sky, painted,soft light blend
Apply image
I think that's all
kiska

CJ Swartz 06-12-2004 02:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the colors and the shapes in this photo.

Using PShop 7, I chose to dupe some of the building shapes and hide the greenery on the left side of the original. I used a Render -> Lighting Effect (omni magenta light) as a beginning to change the mood/time of the image to later in the day. I selected an area around the metal sculpture and used Distort ->Spherize to emphasize/distort the sculpture - add a different "feel" to the image. Used a layer mask to mask out some of the effect where I didn't want it. Ran Sketch -> Reticulation and again masked out some of the effect (from the water, sky etc.). Added a magenta layer for color (Layer Blend-color) - opacity to taste plus layer mask to reduce effects in some areas, added blue layer (matched from image ) with the layer blend set for saturation to add a darker tone/mood - again adjusted with layer mask and opacity. Took a Stamped Copy of the effects and and ran it through Dry Brush to taste with layer masking and then set it above a copy of the layer set to Screen layer blending to brighten it a bit.

DannyRaphael 06-12-2004 02:32 PM

Wow, CJ. That's on "out there" (in a good way) interpretation. You've sure been on a creative roll, lately.

Keep eatin' whatever you're eating for breakfast! :)

Duv 06-12-2004 06:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This great pic is quite geometric so I thought I'd introduce a slight curve element to it.

I first duplicated and started with EyeCandy Antimatter 85% 21% then Equalized followed by Invert.
Ran BuzzPro: Watercolor and Faded
Used Selective Color to change some of the foliage to blue.
Extreme levels to blacken sky
Find Edges (Can't remember the settings)
Liquify: Brush 600 Density 50 Pressure 10

Cheers
Dave

DannyRaphael 06-12-2004 07:40 PM

Dave: This is great. You're warped! :)

This is a creative departure from all those straight lines. Well done.