Creative interpretations: Dinner for one
A fun challenge, Mal. Thanks for posting your pic.
At least in your interpretation one could figure out the subject of your art. In mine I may have gone too far.
Resized image to 14" wide, 80 ppi.
Layer stack (top to bottom)
* Stroke frame
* Levels adjustment layer (contrast)
* Hue/Saturation adjutment layer (color saturation)
* (Color Burn) Copy of Background
* (Darken) Detail Lines ##
* (Normal) Copy of Background + Impressionist > Conte > Unsmudged Monochrome (Color setting changed from grayscale to color).
* Background (turned off; not used)
- - - - - - -
## Layer = Detail Lines
* Duplicate Background
* Blur > Smart Blur > Normal. Radius = 25, Threshold = 90.
* Stylize > Diffuse > Anisotropic
* Sharpen > Unsharp Mask (100,45) to tighten up the lines a bit.
* Click on Channels tab
* Ctrl + click on RGB channel to "load the selection" (marching ants)
* Click on Layers tab
* Click on (highlight) BG layer
* Ctrl + J to create a new layer based on the active selection
* Drag new layer above the Impressionist layer
* Change blend mode to Darken
* Add layer mask
* Airbrush black to erase unwanted lines or tone down too dark lines
Why bother? This method renders lines that are based on colors in the original image, so they are not completely black. Smart Blur > Edge Only renders white lines on black, that when inverted, yields all black lines.
Wanted an abstract...started out with phyllis stewart's tutorial, looked too good to eat, what the heck...so extrude, find edges, multiply layers.
Now Unrecognisable.....like most of my cooking.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative interpretations: Park Bench in Winter||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||18||03-04-2007 10:33 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Portrait - Paula||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||64||03-03-2007 07:17 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Football player||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||43||02-26-2007 08:19 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Animals, Cat (Kitten 3, Palms')||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||15||02-16-2006 10:19 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Sunset on the Mercey||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||3||07-05-2004 10:54 AM|