Classic picture. Reminds me of when I was about 13 or so and visited my cousins who lived out in the country. We had lots of fun hanging out among the out buildings.
Resized image to 12" and 80 ppi for a little more to work with...
Each layer (below the adjustment layer) was a rendered from a copy of the Background:
* Hue/Sat adjustment layer (to boost saturation)
* Impressionist > Conte > Unsmudged Mono (with color set to Image) (blend mode = Color)
* Find Edges (Darken) + Hide All layer mask
* Dry Brush + Hide All layer mask
* Impressionist > djrOil24# custom setting (blend mode = Normal)
Airbrushed white onto the layer masks to reveal selected areas.
This amost makes me want to get a horse.
Just playing ...
-pasted blue channel into new layer, changed to luminosity blend mode
-Pasted blue channel into new layer again, changed to difference mode, was really dark but neat colors
-lightened with levels and curves
-selected light areas with control-alt-~ created mask with luminosity selection
-ran paint daubs filter on mask and then blurred mask a little
-used levels on mask to increase contrast of mask
voila, a new barn to play in
Simplified with PSP Edge preserving smooth
Darken Layer w/ Gaussian blur of 2
The barn was changed used the following:
1. Buzz at around 300 simplified 1
2. Another layer of original posterized
3. Masted 1 & 2 together
4. Over layed and used mask for two different colors A) Golden brown and B) green leaf pattern.
5. Finished with levels and saturation changes
This was very enjoyable.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative Interpretations: Old Barn||Mal Firth||Photo-Based Art||21||09-18-2011 05:52 AM|
|Little Red Barn||rab3rd||Photo-Based Art||5||08-02-2007 07:09 AM|
|Another Barn Photo||cardmnal||Photo-Based Art||27||02-15-2007 02:35 PM|
|Creative Interpretations: Old Barn (Grand Tetons)||cardmnal||Photo-Based Art||19||03-22-2005 09:09 AM|
|This old barn sketch||Trimoon||Photo-Based Art||10||11-30-2002 05:21 PM|