RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Creative interpretations: Kids - Fish ain't biting

Old 10-26-2004, 12:24 AM

First layer -- brightened image with levels adjustment, color boost with selective color (cyan esp.)and hue-sat 0,43,-9.
2nd layer -- create tiff file from image-threshold. Then, go to the impr. plug-in - i used this image tiff file for all these settings - general background, brush and color background. Style was paint-linear brush. Using selective color, reduced neutrals.
Finally, vp watercolor, and vp oil (fade).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishaintbitin-web.jpg (99.7 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by jaykita; 10-26-2004 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2004, 08:42 AM

Here's another. Learnt a trick in a pshop tutorial (dont remember where, sorry). Create a blank layer which goes under the original backgr layer, and using the select-color range feature in ps7 feature, pick up colors from the bckgr layer, paint the underlying blank layer with those colors in the mask that gets created each time.
I worked on this one in Corel photopaint -- its color-mask feature works just like the select-color range feature in ps7. Combined the 2 layers in photopt using "logical and" blend. Boosted sat in ps7.
After that I used a modified impressionist plug-in to give it the watercolor effect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishaintbitin-cpt-web.jpg (86.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2004, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykita
Here's another. Learnt a trick in a pshop tutorial (dont remember where, sorry). Create a blank layer which goes under the original backgr layer, and using the select-color range feature in ps7 feature, pick up colors from the bckgr layer, paint the underlying blank layer with those colors in the mask that gets created each time.

I worked on this one in Corel photopaint -- its color-mask feature works just like the select-color range feature in ps7. Combined the 2 layers in photopt using "logical and" blend. Boosted sat in ps7.

After that I used a modified impressionist plug-in to give it the watercolor effect.
Some RP members have claimed they believe I don't condone non-Photoshop programs, but the truth is I have no problem with them. When you can get results like this, why would I object? Creative possibilities are multiplied with additional tools.

This is another exceptionally creative approach, jaykita, and I sure appreciate the dual-progam details.

~Danny~
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-17-2004, 04:37 PM

Danny: That young man and I have have the same problem with fishing. Anyway here is what I did:
1. Used levels to adjust colors and contrast.
2. Ran pam to soften image
3. Little Ink Pot Chalkaholic
4. Used the burn tool to bring up the left eye.
Thanks
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CI-Fish-ain't-Bitin-tom-wip.jpg (85.4 KB, 7 views)
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art