RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques

Creative interpretations: Lake in Washington State (Robt)

Old 10-12-2004, 11:51 PM

Creative interpretations: Lake in Washington State (Robt)

I shot this from my front yard today. Is fall glorious or what? Actually the shot is for my son who appears to be more homesick in his Senior year at college than his 1st. He requested I send him some "Homey shots".

I liked this shot but realized I had forgotten to look at my DOF and the tree was out of focus. I tried USM with a selection--no good. So it dawned on me to try some of the artsy filters, I never had before. What is shown on this post is the original with the leafy area 1st using DarkStrokes(?) then Watercolor.

The next post will be of my first attempt to make a photo into another form of art. I only used PS CS artistic filters and played with the settings until I liked it.

Now I understand part of the why all you folks use so many things other than PS filters. Their sliders don't seem to have a gentle setting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20041013Tues-AfternoonPhoto.jpg (89.5 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 PM

This is that 1st try. I like the watercolor effect but I went thru the filter gallery looking but this won.

If you are curious, Danny lives just past where the water seems to stop and turn left for about 15 minutes by car.

That mountian is MT Rainer some 70 miles away and 14,700 ft tall. Mt ST Helens is behind it about another 40-50 miles. If it keeps going maybe it will get to be taller!

I look forward to all comments and I really do want to see what others do with this. If any one wants the Real photo, just ask.

Robert Collins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20041013Tues-AfternoonXp-WC.jpg (87.6 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Robt; 10-13-2004 at 07:51 PM. Reason: forgot to sign it + add image
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Technique > Photo-Based Art