Andromeda Cutline plugin
Stylize > Diffuse > Anisotropic
Clone over a few smudges
Restored eye color by duplicating original BG, copying duplicate to top of layer stack, adding a Hide All layer mask, and airbrushing white over eye color.
- - - - -
A layer of Photoshop Dry brush blended via layer mask with a layer of Microsoft Impressionist Charcoal > Default.
(Revised). More work using Impressionist (djrOil#24 custom setting) and a little more detail in face.
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 12-15-2004 at 11:29 AM.
Danny, i like your interpretation a lot.
Here's mine with one layer of corel photopaint's alchemy filter, combined with ps7 filters smart blur- find edges and paint daub, diff blends, layered with original.
Danny - I really like your 2nd version with the half-tone curved line near B&W look. Your first version maybe could be improved by drawing more attention to the cat's eyes (darken, saturate, or something) &/or darkening the bright spot on the dark green background?
Jaykita - Great work as usual. I especially like your "neon cat" version.
I've been toying with this for a while now. I'm still not completely happy with it (suggestions welcome). Here's how it ended up:
1. LinearDodge "sketch" using Spatter instead of GBlur on top layer. Darken with Levels and MergeVisible into a new layer.
2. Copy BG above this. AngledStrokes. Diffuse Anisotropic. ColorBurn. Added a grouped & masked Hue/Sat layer to this to restore green in the cat's eyes. MergeVisible again and burned in the cats eyes & ears a bit. Placed 2 copies of the "sketch" layer above this, both in Multiply mode. Almost stopped here, but didn't like the look of the cat's fur.
3. MergedVisible into a new layer and ran CrossHatch on it. Lowered opacity
4. MergedVisible into a new layer and ran Waterpaper on it. Set to Dissolve, 50%.
5. MergedVisible and ran a strong PaletteKnife filter. Lowered opacity & masked off the backgnd.
6. Added a texture layer. MergedVisible one last time & ran UnsharpMask. Cropped to taste.
I had to use a really low JPG quality setting to get to 100k.
Duped the BG.
Copied the Green Channel and pasted it above the BG copy.
Image:Adjustment:Levels the Green channel copy to increase contrast.
Set that layer to Color Burn.
Ran PS's Artistic:Watercolor filter - 14, 0, 1.
Loaded Red Channel's selection.
Ran Impressionist: Sumi-E: Dry Strokes on Pitted Stone (but I customized it:
- changed the paper to an art paper/sandstone texture.
- changed the background color to black.)
Loaded Green Channel's selection and reran the filter.
Loaded Blue Channel's selection and reran the filter.
Loaded Red Channel's selection and inverted the selection and reran the filter.
Faded it to Darken.
Loaded Green Channel's selection, inverted the selection and reran the filter.
Faded it to Darken.
Loaded Blue Channel's selection and inverted it and reran the filter.
Faded it to darken.
Selected the nose only.
Reran the filter.
Ran Unsharp Mask - 152, 2.2, 0.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative interpretations: Eyes||xplorer||Photo-Based Art||32||04-08-2012 08:09 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Animals, Cat (Kitten 2)||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||29||03-26-2011 08:08 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Animals, Cat (Kitten)||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||7||06-12-2007 11:11 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Animals, Cat (Kitten 3, Palms')||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||15||02-16-2006 10:19 PM|
|Creative Interpretations: Cat - Legacy's||Legacy~Art||Photo-Based Art||30||05-27-2005 09:48 AM|