|Photo-Based Art Emulating natural-media painting techniques|
| ||Thread Tools|
Looks like fun!
* After enlarging to 12" wide, I replaced the headless man top/left with ocean.
* Duplicated the new base layer and applied Impressionist > Chalk > Detailed Opaque Strokes (Saturation = 20. This setting generates some more colorful colors)
* Duplicated the new base layer again and applied Impressionist > Chalk Sketch > Half finished, Brush 25. Changed blend mode from Normal to Darken.
* Duplicated the new base layer one more time and applied Photoshop Blur > Smart Blur > Edge Only. Ctrl + I (to get black lines on white BG) and changed blend mode to Darken to neutralize white. Applied Stylize > Diffuse > Dark Only to roughen up the lines a bit. Added a layer mask and painted with black in most areas except outlines around the kids.
In the original image the water was obviously "the ocean," but after manipulating it through two Impressionist styles, it was impossible (for me, anyway) to tell if it was "water" or "sky." So...
* With the Rectangular selection tool I made a selection beginning where I thought the horizon should be and dragged upwards.
* Added a Hue/Saturation adjustment layer, option=colorize, and fiddled with the controls so it looked (to me) like I had a sky above the horizon. I had to paint black over the kids so they would not be colorized.
* Alt + clicked on the H/S adjustment layer to "load the selection," Select > Inverst (to select the kids and sand), then added another H/S adjustment layer. I applied +30 - +50 Saturation on all colors except red to give the non-ocean/sky areas a color boost.
Thanks for a fun pic, Neve.
Last edited by DannyRaphael; 01-22-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Clever cloning and manipulation besides the terrific arty finish Danny. Oh...was there a headless man there I'm good at this photography lark
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Creative interpretations: Kids sharing Watermelon||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||13||05-17-2007 07:37 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Kids - Gal Pals||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||9||05-07-2007 10:00 AM|
|Creative Interpretations: Christmas Kids||raniday||Photo-Based Art||34||12-27-2005 05:37 AM|
|Creative interpretations: Kids - Fish ain't biting||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||13||11-17-2004 03:37 PM|
|Creative interpretations: Kids - Throwing Strikes||DannyRaphael||Photo-Based Art||3||08-30-2004 07:03 AM|