I don't know if it's just me, but I'm not able to view any of your attached files.
If you have Winzip, try .zipping them first, OK?
re: Disquallified for coloring outside the lines?
I liked kiska's side-by-side with the Layers Palette, so I'm using the same method!
To create the grid selection...
* Duplicate Background
* Apply Richard Rosenman's Grid plugin (available free here: www.RichardRosenman.com Click Software > Photoshop. This plugin should work for PSP and Elements, too). The plugin rendered a grid of white lines on black background. Perfect!
* Clicked the Channels Palette tab.
* Ctrl click on any of the channels (they're all the same) to "load the selection"
* Back to the layers palette... turn OFF the grid layer
* Press Q to enter Quick Mask mode
* If you've got red grid lines, fine, otherwise Ctrl + I to invert the selection.
* Filter > Other > Minimum to increase the grid line width
* Q to exit Quick Mask
* Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation. Notice. The B/W grid on the mask? Mess with the sliders.
* Alt + Click on the Hue/Saturation Adjustment Layer mask. The selection is again loaded.
* One more time: Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation.
* Ctrl + I (to invert the mask)
* Mess with the sliders again to affect the part of the image not affected by the 1st adjustment layer.
* >>Discovery<< I didn't know you could apply Layer Style effects to an adjustment layer... but you can! (Drop shadow, Outer glow and Bevel in this case.)
Holy cow! Does the fun never end?
Well I thought I would do a valentine to you guys.
Used Radial Blur on the Source (Background) Layer-Aggressive
Next Layer was a HSL and colorized and Turned it Red
The Top layer was an HSL layer with zero Brightness and I used the mask of that layer for the greeting.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tutorial 05: Converting a Color Image to Black and White grayscale BW||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||17||05-22-2011 04:55 PM|
|Layer Tutorials..again?||zip022||RP Tutorials||21||11-18-2004 10:10 PM|