Creative challenge 002: Times Square and Hue/Saturation adjustment layers
Using Hue/Saturation adjustment layers ONLY (Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Hue/Saturation), see what you can do to this one.
* An all color creation
* All grayscale (move Saturation sider to the far left; experiment with Lightness)
* Mixed color, grayscale
* Add a H/S AL
* Experiment with the sliders, dropdown menu and/or colorize option, then OK
* Ctrl + I to invert the mask (the thumbnail will turn black)
* Press D and X keys to get white as the foreground color
* Paint white on the H/S AL to reveal the effect
* Use as many H/S adjustment layers as you like.
* If you need to sharpen or blur the base Background, that's OK.
Layer sets = OK
Used this action: http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/sho...0790#post80790
Merged gradient fill layer
Duped bottom layer
L2 - Inverted/Hue Map/Fiddled with settings
Layer Blend Mode/Lighten
Dupe Layer 2
L2 - GB 78
L3 - Dodge 36
Merged all - duped bottom layer
Didn't have time to fix the blotchy sky...
History channel and brush tool (my fav at the moment), many diff saturation levels incl desaturation. I also used a layer of g'blur + usm, and one spatter filter.
Am i disqualified?
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Tutorial 05: Converting a Color Image to Black and White grayscale BW||DannyRaphael||Photo-Art 101||17||05-22-2011 04:55 PM|
|Layer Tutorials..again?||zip022||RP Tutorials||21||11-18-2004 10:10 PM|